Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arpita (Programmat)     05 November 2012

How to stop my father from selling property

Hi,

We are 4 sister, 2 married and two unmarried. Our father sold an ancestral property to get my elder sister married and he clearly told us we r responsible for our own marriages. I got married with my own money and now helping my younger sisters get married. We have a house which my father built with his own money. Now we r afraid he might sell our house without telling us. I am not sure if the house is just on my fathers name or both my parents name. Do any of us have a right to object the sale or are we helpless?

Learning

6 Replies

rahul (director)     05 November 2012

yes, you all 4 sis are hiers of this house, ubtill your all 4 give consent, buyer wont buy

Arpita (Programmat)     05 November 2012

Even if he bought the house with his own money and its solely on his name?

stanley (Freedom)     05 November 2012

If the house is registered on your fathers name he can do whatever he wants with it .

Ranee....... (NA)     05 November 2012

Originally posted by : Arpita

Even if he bought the house with his own money and its solely on his name?

yes.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     05 November 2012

Dear Arpita,

You could have & you can still challenge the sale of ancestral property, yourr father was utterly incompetent to sell for the simple reason that it was not his absolute property but a property in which all you had a right by birth. You can get this opened provided we can overcome the laws of limitation.

As regards the self acquired property - there is pretty much nothing that you can do, unless you prove that the same was acquired from ancestral funds.

Good Luck !

Bharat Chugh

Advocate

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     06 November 2012

file a suit in the civil court for an injunction order restraining your father to sell/tfr the ancestral property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register