LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yogesh (other)     06 December 2011

How to sell a plot in a township created by a fraud company?

Hello Experts,

My father owns a plot in Chow. Charan Singh Avas Yojana in Baghpat distt. This scheme was floated by JVG Finance in 1980s but later on this company was closed because of some fraud charges on them and this project was closed. My father had got the registery done for this plot and it is very much registered in his name in Baghpat Tehsil.

The hearing for this fraud case by JVG Finance company is still going on in Delhi high court but now we want to sell this land off. The company was fraud but the land is registered in govt office, which I think should not be considered fraud. Can you please suggest the best method to approach this problem? How can I sell this land independent of JVG's case?



 1 Replies

Sundar XXXXXXX (Software Engineer)     07 December 2011

The main question you should try to answer is what is the nature of fraud? Did the company sell you a plot for which it did not have title? Was there a registered title in the name of somebody else other than the seller? If the answer to these questions are negative, then you need not worry much.

Even if the title is not clear, it need not be a problem so long as there is nobody else with a superior claim to your property.

If the fraud is of financial nature, the worst you could suffer is a need to pay additional money for regularization.

At this point, somebody who is legally savvy might be willing to buy the preperty at considerable discount.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register