LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yash   17 October 2016

How to protect family from people responsible for dad's deat


It is with great grief and fear that I am writing this and seeking your legal advice. My father has killed himself due to the harassment and mental torture given to him by the people he had borrowed money from.
He was regularly paying the monthly interest to everyone, some of which up to 10%.
In the mid of 2015 he had arranged 20 lakhs which he wanted to return back to the person and cancel the sale deed done on our property but that person wasn't willing for a settlement for reasons unknown. This lead to a stroke in November and he was never the same. He went under depression as he wasn't able to function and provide for his family anymore.
He wasn't able to pay the monthly interests anymore (to 7 people) because of his situation.
These people started threatening him and took his signature on blank bond papers.
We kept our property for sale in order to pay back these goons but since the property has 20%  work pending the response was not good and my father kept getting phone calls and messages saying that they will do inappropriate things to us, and my father was helpless.
He has named all the people in a video recording made to the commissioner of police.
I need your advice on how to go forward in this situation as I have to protect my mother and younger sister.
My father has borrowed and it we will return it. My question is how do I know what is the exact amount my dad owed them and how do I know they are not lying about it? And what if the amount we owe them is more that the assets we have? 
I earn 15 thousand a month which by itself is insufficient and I don't know how to handle this burden. Please guide me as I fear for my family's life.


 1 Replies

Ashok Thakur (Senior Lawyer and International Law Consultant)     23 November 2016

Hello Yash, sorry to hear about your pain, suffering and the situation of your father. under the present stated circumstances, the best available option and remedy for you is to REQUEST POLICE PROTECTION and PERMANENT INJUNCTION by filing a Civil Writ Petition under Article 226 of the Constitution of India in the HIGH COURT of your State of domicile against all stakeholders on the property in your possession as well as the Threateners.


Hope you will find this feedback helpful.


Ashok Thakur

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register