LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

*M.S.Bohra (RSM)     23 November 2009

How to obtain the Legal Documents

We have five residential plots in our village as ancestral property but does not have any documents with us.It was purchased approx year 1870 from local administrator and he have given "Pattas"(Documents).After that there is no any transaction of property so Sub registrar office does not have any records,same with local Nagar Palika there is no any record about these open plots.

We have neighbors Patta's photocopies in which our ancestors name are mentioned as neighbor.

Now where and how we can get the legal documents to prove our rights on these plots.It is residential plots.

 5 Replies

Anish goyal (Advocate)     24 November 2009

I think filing a declaratory suit will be helpful to you. Consult a lawyer in your area.

ksuhkalra (STUDENT OF LAW)     26 November 2009



please tell me HOW TO SEND LEAGL NOTICE online and its format.

Adv. T.K Sujith (lawyer)     27 November 2009

I agree with Anish sir

Seshagiri Viswanatha Rao (Asst Secy to Govt Retired)     10 May 2010


Dear Advocates

Good Evening

Thank you very much for prompt reply

Consequent on the demise of late father my late sworned an affidavit on stamp paper before the Additional Judge Bangalore prior to her release of her family pension from Ministry of Defence in the capacity of legally wedded wife In that affidavit she had also indicated the absolute living heirs viz three sons and two daughters and on this affidavit the department released her family and drew it till her death  All the present absolute legal heirs are Government /bank employees all the service records father's name has been incorporated including educational certificates /income tax etc Is it necessary to obtain Legal Heir Succession certificate The land property is in favour of  our late father only even as date

Kindly advise

Seshagiri Viswanatha Rao (Asst Secy to Govt Retired)     11 May 2010

Good Morning

Dear Advocate

Kindly let me know whether a self earned property purchased by my late father through his personal funds has been registered as gift and ancestral by the claimant when his absolute living heirs living and none of us authorised anybody to deal on our behalf and has been registered illegally on the grounds of gift and ancestral property as declared by the illegal claimant  Late father and mother expired long back  Kindly indicate the basic requirement of the documents /papers has to be made available at the time of registrayion of gift and ancestral property by a claimant and is it not necessary to furnish succession certificate issued by the competent court and if so under what rule/section/act it has to be registered Is it permissible  legally


SV Rao 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query