Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish (IT)     22 October 2013

How to obtain succession certificate?

Hi,

I live in Andhra Pradesh. Recently, one of my friend lost his father & after few months of struggle we got his father's pension(he was a retired government employee) transferred to his mother name at the local treasury office. But now we found out that his father also bought some shares on his name and we now want to transfer those to his mother's name. We were asked to submit a Succession certificate. We never heard about this certificate although we are familiar with Legal Heir certificate.

Now, how different this Succession certificate from Legal Heir certificate & where can we get it?, which Government body issues it?. Can we get it in local municipal office(or Mandal Revenue Office) or in Court. We are quite confused & don't know whom to approach? & how to get it?. So, Kindly advise us on how to get this Succession certificate.

Learning

2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 October 2013

1. You have to file a civil suit in the district court to obtain succession certificate , and 2. to obtain legal heir certificate you have to give an application affix requisite court fee stamp on It stating that your father had expired on such and such date , now the following members are the legal heirs of my father(give name and their relationship with your father accordingly ), therefore we request you to issue legal heir certificate to us ,and submit this application in The SDM office of your area ,after 15 days collect It from The same office. 3 attach death certificate of your father and affidavit along with this application.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     22 October 2013

Well advised by mr. Joshi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register