How to obtain marriage certificate under special marriage ac

i am from Mumbai , marriage registration lawyers please reply to me with your number


To be registerd in Register office under which your Residence area falls.

just make a query (of procedure)in the Register office. it is differenet in different states.

Marriages can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
It is a legal proof you are married and the most vital document of a marriage. In 2006, the Supreme Court made it compulsory to register the marriage for the women protection.

  1. Way to apply : Applicant has to apply in the prescribed form. The age limit for Bridegroom 21 years and Bride is 18 years
  2.  Documents to be attached :
    • Bride and Bridegroom age proof ( Leaving Certificate or Passport or birth Certificate or Domicile Certificate or SSC Board Certificate)
    • Bride & Bridegroom residential proof ( Ration Card or Passport or Election card or Light bill and Telephone bill of own name)
    • Photograph of both Bride and Bridegroom
    • All above document along with original +1 attested Xerox copy

B) If to be applied Under Section 16 of Special Marriage Act 1954.

  1. Application to be made in the prescribed form duly signed by Husband & Wife
  2. Marriage should have taken any place in the India and both should be living together in Marriage Officer Jurisdiction
  3. Under U/s 16 of Special Marriage, Application should be given in 30 days advance.
  4. Residential proof of both should be attached with application

C)  Marriage Memorandum Under Maharashtra Regulation Marriage Bureaus and Registration of Marriages 1998

  1. Applicant has to submit the memorandum of marriage forms ( which are supplied in the office of Marriage officer Mumbai.) affixed with Rs. /- court fee stamp
  2. Document to be attached :
    •   Bride & Bridegroom Age proof: Leaving Certificate OR Passport OR Birth Certificate R Domicile Certificate OR PAN Card
    •   Bride & Bridegroom Residential Proof : Ration Card OR Passport OR Election Card OR Light Bill and Telephone Bill of own name.
    •   Three (3)Witness Proof :- Ration Card OR Passport OR Election Card OR Driving Licence OR Govt. Identity Card.
    •    Wedding Card
    •   In case of non availability of Wedding card Rs /- Stamp Paper Affidavit of both husband wife and three witnesses is required
    •   Rs. /- Court Fee Stamp
    •   Photographs of both Bridegroom / Bride

[Take originals along with copy]

  1. All above documents should be submitted along with Original + 1 Attested Zerox copy. The parties (Bride & groom) and Three witnesses to the marriage shall appear in person before the Registrar and sign and memorandum under section 6(B) of Maharashtra Marriage Act, 1998

It is just for information purpose.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x