LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kmath   09 November 2023

How to handle the court notice served by the court ameena

A person from Court Ameena threatened to serve a summon where we live a house we are elderly, where my son doesn't even live,  he is abroad, he and his wife never lived here.

Moreover, the person who filed the lawsuit knew his address, but is using mine to harass us.

Please help how to address this.


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2023

The court process server cannot forcibly handover the summons pertaining to others.

You can refuse to receive the same and ask the process server to leave the place or you will report against him before the concerned court for his arrogance and threats. 

In the meantime you can gather the neighbors and ask them to support/help you in case you are not able to handle this situation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register