LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naresh (technician)     21 March 2014

How to get divorse from wife,she is not agree

Iam an indian airforce employee,I married 2 yrs back .My wife has made my life miserable. There have been several heated arguments and at times she went to her parents house for up to 8 months and exerted pressure on us to come and take her back else they will register dowry harassment and domestic violence cases against us. and then we are blackmailed that if her wishes are not fulfilled she will put us behind the bars by registering the false cases of domestic violence and dowry harassment.I had no intentions to expand the family but she provoked me to get physical and when the next day I told to take ipill I don’t want to expand the family. She said ok to it and the very next day, she said 'congrats, we are blessed with a baby'. When I enquired about the status of ipill, she said she flushed it in the toilet. Am I legally bound to take up the responsibility of the child when there was no consent for expanding the family. Though on human grounds, the baby is in my house, i will not give her a fatherly affection as it is an insult to my self respect. Recently she hatched a conspiracy with her parents and they went to my house and warned my parents that they will file cases . with an allegations that my parents are continuously harassing her for failing to meet the dowry demands and she is physically tortured". When I questioned her on the authenticity of her allegations, her father said "I have 3 illegal relationships do what you want and what you can " this is just the beginning when the matter moves to court there will be more n more lies. Relations can not be improved forcefully that too when the person levies false allegations and harass my parents unnecessarily. I am totally disturbed and not able to take a normal sleep. I just woke up at 2:30 am and searching the web for some help Is there no hope of life for the poor husband? or they bound to suffer at the hands of wife and in-laws? and wait for the death to relieve them of all the pains. Please advice.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.Vandana Vaidya (Advocate & Regd. Patent Attorney)     22 March 2014

Join the harassed husband group and study the www.498a.org. You will grow strong with the knowledge and to face the challenge. However, do not punish your new born daughter. She is born out of your love, with or without consent. Send your wife away to her parents home, let all the heat and then the dust settle. Probably things may improve, if not, you can take a decision to separate/divorce.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     23 March 2014

Adv Vandana - wrong case to join the harassed husband group 

I had no intentions to expand the family but she provoked me to get physical and when the next day I told to take ipill I don’t want to expand the family. She said ok to it and the very next day, she said 'congrats, we are blessed with a baby'. When I enquired about the status of ipill, she said she flushed it in the toilet. Am I legally bound to take up the responsibility of the child when there was no consent for expanding the family. Though on human grounds, the baby is in my house, i will not give her a fatherly affection as it is an insult to my self respect

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     24 March 2014

as said by Adv Vandana is write

but why all this halla what she want from you is not clear she harass you on what issue, are you not looking her happily 

have you demanded any dowry from there parents 

do you have any extra relations

first analyze all this and decide 

naresh (technician)     28 March 2014

Thank you sir & madam, for your inputs. after marriage we both are not happy with each other due different mentalities and thinking’s. because of which we are always in heated arguments. she stayed with me only 3 months in 2 yrs of married life we have 6 months old daughter. she staying in her fathers home since 8 months. iam always ready to take every responsibility and care for my daughter. but the problem is we can’t live together happily .She and her father are forcing me to do what they want, they are always threatening with a warning that they are going to put me and my parents behind the bars under false dowry and all other cases. Her father is a local criminal type, characterless man he has 2 illegal relationships, he himself told about that. He warned me that ” he will kill me with the help of local gundas. I was completely lost hope in my marriage. Continuing this relation cause more critical problems for me .am also sure that she will not give divorce to me. When I discussed with her she told me that if I give 2 crores to her she will give divorce to me .what can I do I cant stay with her.is death only solution to me…..?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register