Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to get back the husband to india who harassed his wife?

Page no : 2

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     18 May 2012

@haneesha

tajobs is from kerala.naturally he knows telugu also,as it's a neighbouring state..so take his advice,but do not ignore chandrashekhar's words too..

...Irene... (Bean Counter)     18 May 2012

@ Roshni Ma'am -

"tajobs is from kerala.naturally he knows telugu also,as it's a neighbouring state"

Kerala's neighboruing states are- Karnataka to the north and Tamil Nadu to the south and east.And on the west lies the Arabian sea. 

AP cannot be constured as a neighbouring state.

May be he knows Telugu if he is a polyglot ( we are not interested in that), but on a legal platform, please double check the facts before you key in. 

1 Like

(Guest)

haneesha ........ zindagi je'eni hai ya magaj maari karni hai saari umar ?.. .... kar le bheja fry ....swaad aayega !!

Bidisha Jose (HR)     26 March 2013

I don't see why men who are honest and integral should feel insecure by the action taken by the Jalandhar RPO. Truly appreciate the Jalandhar RPO officer for taking prompt action.

Bidisha Jose (HR)     26 March 2013

My advice to Haneesha..please don't be afraid by people who discourage you from taking action. Don't be lead when people or parents tell you it is social stigma to speak the truth to people willing to help you! Try all possible routes, legal, media support, friends' support, colleagues' support and put extreme pressure on the so called NRI husband. It is simply unacceptable that you should be taken for a ride by him. To begin with, make a list of people you know in his circle and ask all of them to keep questioning him, ask his colleagues to pressurize him, intimate his boss about this and ensure that the pressure continues till he either takes you back and behaves well or comes to India and becomes a good husband. Take advantage of the fact that the Indian society is driven by relatives and friends. If this has been an arranged marriage, at least a few from  the 100s of people who attended it will come to your help. Let his parents also be questioned left right and centre and last but not the least, be prepared for the consequences. Remember, despite you taking stringent action, no one can force separation unless there is a legal notice sent from his side. Again, if the guy is indeed on the wrong side, he will be a cowardly Mouse at heart and take it for granted he won't send you a divorce notice. If he pressurizes you to send it, DONT DO IT. Instead, make him repent for his act of getting married and then escaping responsibility thereby ruining a girl's life. Stick to him like Fevicol till the guy either becomes a good guy or goes crazy. In the latter case, at least you won't feel let down and miserable.

The above will also ensure he doesn't get married again and ruin some other girl's life! All the best. Besides, if you don't have a job, get one, become empowered and be self-dependent, that will give you strength and courage.

Amarnath (Software Engineer)     29 July 2014

Hi, I have a doubt. I know a friend who lives in Australia and is going through trouble. The girl he brought from India had mental problems and needs a psychiatrist and he couldn't take it anymore so he went back to India and dropped her off and let her parents know. They don't seem to understand and he is a holder of a foreign passport and his marriage din't work, his wife files the as usual Domestic Violence and Dowry Harassment just writes pages and pages of false allegations on him, none of which is true and hence she wouldn't have evidence to prove but Indian law accepts girls statement to the equivalent of a evidence supported statement.

The girls side are vindictive and don't want him and his family to live peacefully.

Can they force the husband to get back to India ? or how worse can it get for his family and himself.

RaviS (none)     21 September 2014

Mr. Amarnath. If he is truely an Australian Citizen (with Foreign passport), renounced indian citizenship etc... There is not much that can be done against him.

As the learned advocates have pointed out in the previous posts a) extradition is difficult/impossible b) the attack of revoking Indian passport, will only work on Indian citizens. It will not work on foreign citizens.

Amarnath (Software Engineer)     29 September 2014

Thank you RaviS. I let my friend know.

Just one question, he just told me about the OCI he holds and that means it's stamped on his Australian passport.

Is it okay to still hold on to OCI or better cancel it?

Could that cause any trouble at all to him related to all these problems and complaints against his name back home because he holds an OCI ?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register