Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

uma   17 May 2016

How to file income tax

Dear Sir ,

I am a  self employed beautician and Wedding specialist . I render services to customers for Weddings and other functions..The income received will be around 1.5 Lakhs to 2 Lakhs per annum . I want to file Income Tax Returns.

as advised by some of my friends to file Income tax returns how can  file income tax as my payments are in cash.I dont have purchase any thing. and it is a purely a service.

Kindly suggest which forms I need to use





 8 Replies

Jayesh Deokar (Advocate)     17 May 2016

U need to file ITR IV since your income is taxable under the head "income from business / profession".... Go to > Then register urself as an assessee with the help of PAN, email id & mob no. > Download ITR IV preparation excel file for relevant year > fill it > generate .xml file > login > upload .xml file > verify using ur Aadhar no. > DONE!!

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     17 May 2016

Thanks umaji for sincerty to file IT return. Totally agred with Jayesh for it.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 May 2016

Your business may expand soon, and it is always proper to avail services of a professional.  If you can not avail services of CA, there may be some local auditors.  Contact other business men in the area and find out a sincere auditor, so that he takes care of your return entire for rest of the years also. Engaging a local auditor is always proper course, as he can convince authorities due to his association with officials.

uma   18 May 2016

Dear Sirs ,

Thanks a lot for the advice, As Directed by Jayesh Sir I have registerd with

while trying to file ITR I could only find ITR-1 or ITR-4S(Sahaj). I am not able to find ITR-4. Can you please suggest how  can I Upload this.

As advised by Mr.Prasad Sir , I will try to find out the local auditors also 



siddhartha sinha   19 May 2016

Govt runs a tax returns preparer scheme or trp scheme. Go to> locate trp---> fill in state city and pin and you can ph and address of your nearest trp's. They charge 2-3 % commission to file return.

Jayesh Deokar (Advocate)     22 May 2016

ITR 4S is right one for you. If you find it difficult to fill it up properly, do approach a local tax consultant.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     26 August 2016

Since your Business income is less than 2.25 lakhs r per  annum there is no need for you to file any IT return at allIf your Business income does not exceed  Rs.2.25 lakh per annum filing IT return is not mandatory..

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     26 August 2016

DSear Mam,


          If you appreciate thi sreply and wish to thank me please click thet Thank You button on this  forum or my profile.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query