LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anon (CONSULTANT)     14 January 2012

How to enter your name in 7/12 of the ariculture land .

I have to buy an agricultural land in Maharashtra. My father (who's no more) stiil has a 2.5 acres of land in his name. Is it needed for me to get my name entered in that 7/12 before I buy any agricultual land to be treated as a farmer? I have brothers whose names are also not it necessary to take their consent/affidevit to enter my name?

Can you specify the exact procedure and possible charges?




 4 Replies

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     14 January 2012

yes it is essential that you first become agriculturist - farmer and than you will be able to purchase agriculture land, the lands which you are going to purchase is NA land and that case it is not essential. After mutation your in Village Form No. VII/XII, take evidences of your being a farmer and with those evidences the land being purchased (agriculture) shall be mutatedin your name otherwise Tehsildar has powers to reject your Sale Deed and ultimately you have cancell it.

For mutation of your name in Village Form No. VII/XII there is prescribed form that you fill and along with evidences required under same you submit to reveue office of your area of land and they revenue authority shall call yuou upon along with all heirs of your deceased father and names of all family members who are entilte for share in land shall be mutated after due procedure and submission of Affidavit and panchnama requires to be signed by reevenue authority with photo identity and other documents then your name/s will be entered into revenue records and in V. F. No. VII/XII.

Anon (CONSULTANT)     14 January 2012

Thanks Arunji, for your prompt reply!

Do you know what are the normal charges for these mutations in Maharashtra?


aruntrivedi (lawyer)     16 January 2012

No, but it would be very nominal. You can inquir with revenue office. It varies from state to state.

Sheetal (SE)     06 March 2012

Hello sir,


I have been told by the land seller that if my parents or in laws are farmers then i can get a 7/12 on my name.

My parents are not farmers and my father in law has transferred his agricultural land on my brother in law's name. in that case is it possible that i can get a 7/12 on my name??




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query