LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit 2230   11 May 2018


Can a Housing Society decline to rent out houses to Bachelors? Pls explain ! if yes then under which law ? Because its totally unfair with them and it has become practice in most parts in NCR Regions


 2 Replies

Siddharth Jain   12 May 2018

Bye-laws or resolutions passed by any Co-operative housing society banning bachelor/unmarried tenants is a gross violation of Article 19(1)(e) of the Constitution of India.
Article 19(1)(e) of the Constitution says, “All citizens shall have the right to reside and settle in any part of the territory of India”.

Any person aggrieved by such illegal resolutions/bye-laws passed by any Co-operative housing societies can complain to the Registrar of Co-operative Housing Societies within the District. Furthermore, any aggrieved person can also file a ‘Writ Petition’ in the High Court for enforcing his/her fundamental rights.
1 Like

Deepak joshi   12 May 2018

Cal me at 9456777600.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query