Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant Agnihotri (Assistant Manager HR)     23 January 2018

Home loan vs house rent in ITR

Dear Members,

May I know if I already have a home on my name (using home loan) but I am living in a rented property. I am a salaried employee, can I put rent receipts and home loan both for IT exemption? And what are the conditions to avail the exemption under both the sections.



Prashant Agnihotri



 6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     24 January 2018

Pl indicate whether your home (purchased out of home loan) has been given on rent to somebody by you.

Prashant Agnihotri (Assistant Manager HR)     24 January 2018

No, it's not on rent.

sreemannarayana mallela   27 January 2018

hi if you are stay in rented house you can claim either section10(13A) or u/s80gg

Prashant Agnihotri (Assistant Manager HR)     27 January 2018

Thanks! Is it applicable if the house on loan is not the same city?

pkpworld.. (consultant)     04 February 2018

If you avail a housing loan for construction of your house and it has completed. You can claim interest on such housing loan as deduction u/s 24.  If you are not staying in that city where you house is situated, staying in othe city, take a house for rental purpose, you can claim exexption u/s 13 for rent payment.

Chethan Chethan   13 February 2018

I have some doubt if some one has two house one house is own purpose, other house is rental purpose can he show under IT any deductions r exemption?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query