Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar (MD)     17 July 2013

Hire purchase versus lease versus loan

Hello,

We are a start-up company focused on creating financial solutions for solar systems sold to individuals residences, farmers etc.). As the MD of the company, I am trying to better understand the relative pros/cons of various types of financial contracts to sell the solar system (e.g., hire purchase, loan, financial lease, operating lease). We are based in Hyderabad but intend to provide financial solutions to customers in many states including Andhra Pradesh.

What are the all the criteria that we should consider for choosing the type of financial contract (e.g., tax treatment, ease of recoverability of system if customer defaults on payment, being able to charge the customer penalty if he/she cancels the contract etc.). How do these financial contracts compare on these criteria?

I am looking for advice from experts in lease/loan/hire purchase financing who can guide me here. 

Thanks for the time. Best regards,

Kumar.

Learning

1 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     22 July 2013

1...lease

in lease the ownership remains with the seller ,all the deduction relatingto the product is avail by the seller,

buyer get the right to use the product within the lease period.

there r different type of lease ,(operating lease,finance lease)

2...loan

in loan ,the buyer take loan and buy the product. he becomes owner of the product .

a charge of loan amt is created on the product .

TAX--Deduction can be claim by buyer.

3.hire purchase

its just like installment .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register