Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendra (Engineer)     08 October 2013

Hindu succession act of 1956

Hi,

This is concerning the ancestral agricultural land inheritance procedure as per Hindu succession act of 1956...

In the year 1976 my late fathers brother made a will of his share of our ancestral agricultural land on my name, during this time I was a school going child. This will remained for about 25 yrs on my name. Now just before his death at the age of 80 yrs in 2004 Nov he made another will on his married daughters name aged 55 yrs as he had no sons.

I would please like to know...

1: Can a person in Uttrakhand make will of his ancestral agricultural land or the land shall be inherited as per Hindu succession act of 1956 irrespective of the will he makes.

2: I was told that Uttrakhand and few other states follow a different law in case of ancestral agricultural land inheritance, is this true?

3: Can a married daughter sell off her share of ancestral agricultural land ? Most of the married daughters stay  far off from their parents place so they sell off their share and the buyers use these lands for construction of houses which is causing great problem to our adjacent fields.

Please note that the above land is purely ancestral agricultural land so Hindu succession act of 1956 should be applied and moreover this property is in Uttrakhand...

Thanks and regards,

Rajendra Bisht...

Learning

1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     09 October 2013

1.  Irrespective of State rules,  Legal Heirs (Class - I) cannot be deprived of ancestral property rights.

2.  File a partition suit, claiming ancestral land.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register