LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv. Anuragdeep Bansal   26 May 2021

Hindu Succession Act

If A, self acquired a property, and A died intestate, B is the son of A, and C is the grandson of A. Can C claims his right or share in his grandfather's property or not?


 4 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     26 May 2021

No, C has no right to claim share and rights  

In self acquired property left by his grand father intestate. Only legal heirs of A can claim share..

Shashi Dhara   26 May 2021

File suit for partition ,if they compromise it is o.k.throwing stone to fruit tree ,if fruit fall take, if not -------yrs in  law of court is great.dont accept lose easily.law says thousand  court decides it.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     27 May 2021

I do agree with learned friend Mr.Goyal sir . 

minakshi bindhani   11 November 2021

As per your concern!

A grandchild does not have any birthright in the self-acquired property of his grandfather if it has been allotted to his father in a family partition in his capacity as a legal heir and not as a coparcener under the Hindu Succession Act, 1956. The grandfather can transfer the property to whoever he desires.

If the Grandfather dies without leaving any will, then only his immediate legal heirs i.e. his wife, son(s) and daughter(s) will have the right to inherit the property left behind by him.

Hope it is useful!
Minakshi Bindhani

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register