Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (SE)     07 May 2013

High court speedy trial time duration

Hi,

i am facing 498A From last 5.5 year.only 1 evidence is done .There are stil 7-8 evidence are panding.

i want to move some speedy trial application in chandighar high court.i just need some information'

1.how much time a high court  wil take to decide on that application i mean how much time it will take take to give instruction to lower court.

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   07 May 2013

You can file an application under article 227 of the Indian Constitution in High Court for speedy disposal of the case.Merit and expedite time may be as per discretion of Hon'ble High Court.

Article 227 in The Constitution Of India

Power of superintendence over all courts by the High Court

(1) Every High Court shall have superintendence over all courts and tribunals throughout the territories interrelation to which it exercises jurisdiction
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions, the High Court may
(a) call for returns from such courts;
(b) make and issue general rules and prescribe forms for regulating the practice and proceedings of such courts; and
(c) prescribe forms in which books, entries and accounts shall be kept by the officers of any such courts
(3) The High Court may also settle tables of fees to be allowed to the sheriff and all clerks and officers of such courts and to attorneys, advocates and pleaders practising therein: Provided that any rules made, forms prescribed or tables settled under clause ( 2 ) or clause ( 3 ) shall not be inconsistent with the provision of any law for the time being in force, and shall require the previous approval of the Governor
(4) Nothing in this article shall be deemed to confer on a High Court powers of superintendence over any court or tribunal constituted by or under any law relating to the Armed Forces

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register