LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jambu   16 May 2016

Help regarding education loan

hi im doctor ,i got education loan from nationlised branch 2005 to 2011 arounf 7.5 lakhs during my mbbs course , now it comes around 14 lakhs . i went  pg preparation for two years and i got post graduation in oct 2014 . now im doin pg in general medicine in west bengal , im getting a stipend of 32000 (which is insufficient for personal including home rent , bike loan , credit card and support my wife ) now the bank has taken entire my mom pension and father pension (expired ). i informed bank that ill repaythe bank loan after finishing course and i sent the documents supporting im doing post graduation .kindly anyway that bank wont take my mom pension and we given my home documents more than 40 lakhs and insurance me and including mom more than 5 lakhs . 

1. is any way bank can give me one  year so that i will start repay from oct 2016 and i will complete laon loan within 2 yrs ?

2, bank shouldnt take my moms pension and late father pension entirely ? she is living alone want to meet the expenses of her as im not in a supportive postion to her now . 


 9 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 May 2016

The first worry is about parent's pension.  Bank can not appropriate the pension of guarantor, be sure.

Inform all your commitments in writing to Bank, under copy to the next superior and also file grievance in on line portal.

Now that adequate collateral security is available and you have been continuing education, they may view the case sympathetically.  But remember to continue monthly repayment, as interest becomes heavy burden, and remitting even Rs.5,000/- per month shows your commitment.

This is not a litigation case and more a personal problem that can be settled with mutual discussions.

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     21 May 2016

i directly come to your issue how to stop attachment of pension of your mom?

  • answer is you can file any injunction suit to civil court or you may file writ petition in High Court what ever you like to stop attechment of pension and it is strongly against rule of law i.e. u/s 60 (g) C.P.C. (Code of civil procedure). which says "stipends and gratuities allowed to pensioners of the Govt. [or of a local authority or of any other employer], or payable out of any service family pension fund notified in the Official Gaz. by[the central govt. or the state govt.] in this behalf, and political pension;" 

Adv. Samadhan Chavan   31 May 2016

Mr. Jambu 

as such i am reading your story i found that this perticular education loan has been taken by your parents but now you are able to pay or have become earned person hence you can ask your bank to put all the burdon of loan on you and you can do this according to respected G.L.N. Prasad and for this you have give them promisary note which should clearly states what you wanted to say or willing to do. and you should consult with bank legal department before doing this 2nd and you can also ask for removal of your parents out of this 


1st and very imporatant thing what is the rate of interest bank is charging you

2nd what is your loan monthly payment ammount kindly do notify us in your next replay

3rd be ready with promissory note 

4th I think you are not paying the loan amount monthly payment this is the single reason they are deducting your parents pension 


it is the only way you can remove your parents out of this  


Note :

If this is not happening just follow this:

change all account and create on joint account in bank only for loan repayment purpose and with the authorization just put the amount in that perticular bank account so that your parents can be saved out of this ..

thanks regard,


Taylor Wilson   16 June 2016

Hello I am an eighth grader doing research on the course on becoming a lawyer and also work for Essay Writing Company, in specific on university preparation. So lawyers can you give details the course like how long you work in a hard what course you take etc.

smith   24 August 2016

I read this article because it is not including worthless information. The author clearly 642-999 Examcollection describes the information. Thank you for sharing this types article. This will be very beneficiary 640-911 Examcollection for the readers.



Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     26 August 2016

AS   per law they can;t attach your mother's pension. You give  aLegla notice to  the bank that soon after finishing your PG in General Medicine you'd stafrt clearing the loan in WEMI form.

Request them to consider your case sympathetically and give you some more time.,, If necessary approach Bank's Ombud's Man representing your caseina sympathetic mannerand get some  respite in time for payment of your dues and stop  attaching your mther's pension in viollation of the law.


luonvuive   01 April 2017

I was very impressed by this post, this site has always been pleasant news. Thank you very much for such an interesting post. Keep working, great job! In my free time, I like play game: usps tracking number format ln, Castle Clash,, Dream League Soccer, Photo GridNinja Games Free, Swords And Souls, Color Switch,  Whatsapp Baixar. What about you? 

clickessay   03 May 2017

Well, I think you should get the loan for school. Most people get loans to go to school. Because the school is so expensive. Once you get the loan, you should be Click Essay able to relax a little more. Don't try to worry too much

shielaaston   16 September 2019

Because the school is so expensive. Once you get the loan, you should be Click Essay able to relax a little more. Dream League Soccer 2020 Don't try to worry too much

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query