Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Phalgunn Maharishi (Student)     08 September 2014

Help me regarding my documents to apply for passport

Dear fellow members of Lawyers Club India,

Kindly help me out in clarifying my doubts regarding my documents for the application of PASSPORT.

I am a 24 year old guy from Mysore City of Karnataka State pursuing my MBA which is about to get completed by December this year. I am looking forward to apply for my passport which is very much necessary for me to get closer in achieving my aim of pursuing my further education in Germany.

Here is a quick glance of some important points about myself;

BIRTH NAME: Phalgun Kumar K S
DATE OF BIRTH: 21st February 1990
CHANGED NAME: Phalgunn Maharishi
NAME CHANGE AFFIDAVIT: Yes
NAME IN DOCUMENTS (voter's card, aadhaar card, driving license, degree certificates, etc): Phalgunn Maharishi
NAME IN SSLC MARKS SHEET: Phalgun Kumar K S

Okay then, as per the above information you can understand that I have changed my name. Let me explain it below.

Until I completed my SSLC, I was known as "Phalgun Kumar K S" and thus I have my name in SSLC certificate as Phalgun Kumar K S. But, later on I changed my name to "Phalgunn Maharishi" and got a name change affidavit sworn and advertised the same in a local English newspaper. Later on I joined my diploma, graduation and MBA in my new name "PHALGUNN MAHARISHI" and also all my documents like Voters' ID, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Pan Card everything are in my new name only.

Recently I visited the city corporation to get my name inscribed on my birth certificate as it was left blank when I was born. The officials over there inscribed my changed name PHALGUNN MAHARISHI on the birth certificate. So, now, as per my records, all my documents are in the name PHALGUNN MAHARISHI except my SSLC certificate which is in my old name PHALGUN KUMAR K S. Would that be fine?

Also, to my shocking sense, in my birth certificate, the name of my mother is printed as MANDARA S. CHAYADEVI where as her name is just MANDARA S. Would that be making any problem while I apply for my PASSPORT?

Please help me with this regard.

Learning

3 Replies

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     08 September 2014

You need to explain why you changed your name? You also ask your mother to explain why she changed to chayadevi? then both make a detailed affidavit before an oath commissioner or the relevant Judicial or Metropoliltan Magistrate concerned to provide better authenticity. Then file with all authenticated copies of documents file your passport application, The passport may be issued.

Passport authority need to issue passport and if it fails then file your appeal the secretary of External affairs government of india who would issue relevant clearance and you would get passport.   

Phalgunn Maharishi (Student)     08 September 2014

Thanks a lot for your reply dear Dr. G Balakrishnan

I changed my name soon after my SSLC and the reason was due to numerology and also due to my own wish and will that I liked to change my name with a vision and aim of a new bright life.

Coming to my mother's name.. Her documents and everything shows her name as MANDARA S and also my SSLC marks card shows her name as MANDARA itself. But only in my Birth Certificate it is inscribed as MANDARA S CHAYADEVI instead of just MANDARA S. Even my mother is clueless about how "chayadevi" got added to her name in my birth certificate!

I actually have a Name Change Affidavit Sworn by me before a Notary-Advocate which states that I have changed my name from Phalgun Kumar K S to Phalgunn Maharishi upon my own wish and will.

Can you please give me some clear explanation as to what detailed affidavit do we both (me and my mother) have to make before an oath commissioner? Is an oath commissioner same as Notary+Advocate?

Kindly help me in this regard.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     24 July 2016

Affidavit is required for the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register