LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kiran (student)     30 August 2013

Help me in understanding the consumer forum order

I and one of my friend jointly filed a complaint against college for withelding the deposit from us before bangalore DCDRF. DCDRF has passed following order:

The complaint of the complainants is partly allowed. The OPs no.1 and 2 are directed to refund Rs.1,000=00 each to the complainants no.1 and 2 within 30 days from the date of this order, failing which, the OPs no.1 and 2 shall pay the said amount to the complainants no.1 and 2 alongwith 7% interest per annum on the said amount from the date of this order to till the date of realization.

The OPs no.1 and 2 are further directed to pay Rs.2,000=00 to the complainants no.1 and 2 towards cost of litigation.

In this regard please help me in understanding the above order. Is each of the Complainant is entitled for Rs. 1000/- + Rs. 2000/- (3000) each or Rs. 1000/- is awarded for each of the complainant and Cost of Litigation Rs. 2000/- is awarded in common to both the Complainants and they have to share the costs among themselves.

However, Opposite party has sent Rs. 2000/- DD as per order of DCDRF to each of the Complainant. But, We are not satisfied with the award and filed Appeal before SCDRC. In this situation can we accept the DD of Opposite Party for Rs. 2000/-??? 

Please englight me that as per order each of the complainant is entitled for Rs.3000/- or Rs.2000/-.

Complete Judgment of DCDRF can be seen in below link:

https://164.100.72.12/ncdrcrep/judgement/18614130830160300576CC-112-2013.html

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 August 2013

It is felt that college should pay Rs.2000/ to each of Complainant 1 and 2.

Since it is commented in order that college has been keeping Rs.1000/ of each of 12000 students all students and student union may pass the copy of the order to VC and ask to refund amounts by DD to ach of student of all years from whom excess amount is pocketed by college.

Such malpractices should be properly and thoroughly put to media., University, education dept, education minister………………..

Complainant 1 and 2 can approach the President and Member with copy of the order for interpretation of the order.

In case the college has not complied fully with order both Complainant 1 and 2 can file execution petition.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register