Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

youngbro (software)     05 March 2013

Help me

Respected Members,


My Brother  got  married in  April  2012  from  the  beginning  itself  the  girl  had  very high  expectations like  she  wanted  iphone,  trip  to  beauty salon  every  other  day,  grand honeymoon,  dinner at  expensive  restaurent   every night,she  did not  wanted  to  cook  or  clean   so  my  brother  used  to do it  for  a  while,  my parents  had  gone  to visit  them in september  and  then  she started  drama,  called  her  parents   and  went   back  to  her  parents  house  and  till date  she  did not  return ,  they  both  used  to work  for  the  same  company  and  eventually  she  got  fired on  performance  issues,  and   in revenge  mood she  complaint  on my  brother  so  he  had  to  resign  the  job from MNC  too.  She   is  very aggorant  girl  from  a  very poor  family,  there   was no  streedhan  involved  at  all,  instead  we  had  pay   for  the weddding ,  but  now  this  girl is  threatening   that   she   will file  case  against  us,   and  demanding  10 +lakhs rupees,  there  is  no child  out of this  wedlock,  the  girl  was  always   busy  chatting on phone  and  facebook. She   mentioned  that  she  did not  like  our  house  and  did not  move  to  our hometown,   they  were  blackmailing  us  for every single  thing,   after  she  left  for her parents  house,   she  mailed  my  brother  they   want  to  do  some  settlement   and  they  came  verbally  abused  my parents  and  my brother,The   girl  never  shared  her  money  for  any  expenses  and  now  she is  claiming  that my  brother  took it.  Instead  my  brother  spent lot on  her  clothes /expnses  on Pg  ,Camera  etc  before  marriage.

Pl  let me know  what  are our  options,   now   she is  claiming  that  they  gave  10 lakhs dowry  etc  and  she is  demanding  maintainence of  15,000 rs per month. She  had  completed  and  was working   in EMC in  banglore.   Can  she  still claim  maintainence,  as  she  is  self  sufficient ,  she has     two youger  sisters and  a brother ,  I think  she  wants  to  use  alimony  to settle them,   get her  sisters  married  and  get her  brother in  some  private  engg  college,   she is  very  cruel,  just  5  months   she  snatched  away  all  the  happiness, and   making us move  from one  home  to  another..  Senior  members  pl  help  me..  their  family is  huge  joint  family  and  all  her uncles  and  father  are  waste  fellows  unemployed and  ready  to  fight,   they  just  sit  at  home,  she is  only  bread  earner  in  their  house.  pl   help us  to  get  rid  of  this  wicked  lady..  with out  any  compensation.

When  my  brother tells  her  to  come  back,  she  says  that  I do not like  your  nose,  teeth  etc,  she  dated  him  for  10 months  before  marriage,   she   even  shared his   room  to  avoid  the  PG  expenses.


Pl help us...  and  thanks in  advance.



 4 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     05 March 2013

Your brother has got to be strong and should not settle down for money . Let her file any case she wants and your brother can contest the same . If she says she has givven 10 lacs as dowry than she has to prove the same . As she was working women is capable of earning and is qualified henc no maintanence . 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 March 2013

NEW DELHI: A woman with sufficient income to support herself may not need a court order for receiving maintenance from her estranged husband, the Delhi High Court has said. 

The court's observations came while setting aside a family court's order to grant maintenance in a matrimonial dispute to a woman who was earning a salary of Rs 80,000 per month. 

"Where a wife has no income or is without any support for maintaining herself, the court has to pass an order considering the income and living status of the husband. However, where the wife and husband both are earning and having good salary, an order is not required,"

R.kumar.bangalore (executive)     05 March 2013

Dear rama chary sir,

 it is very useful information to all thanks. 

A.V.Pattanashetti (Advocate)     11 March 2013

pls call this me 09448035651 A.V.Pattanashetti Adv

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query