LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahesh (Engineer)     02 July 2013

He faked st certicate and got government job

Dear sir,

Please help me in the following situation.

One of relative who worked for Indian army has faked his son’s caste. Actually he belongs to OBC and he has lots of money. I know that he has earned all that money illegally. He gave his son and daughter  to some ST people and made his son and daughter  to get ST caste and then adopted them again. His son got an engineering  seat in NATIONAL  INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY  by using ST Quota and now he is working for one of the premier PSUs in ST reservation. His daughter has done her MBA in a premier institute using ST quota and got the job in a PSU bank. I came to know all these things recently and their  parents still claim that their son and daughter belongs to ST category and nobody knows that they are born to them. Further they said that they have only adopted them and have nothing to do with their caste.

     His son and I work for the same company .Recently he got a promotion overtaking me even though I got better marks than him in the Promotion exam. This has bothered me a lot and in future if it  again repeats I can never equal him professionally. I have kept my ethics aside and want to take some action against him at least to prevent any further promotions based on caste. Request you to help me.





 2 Replies

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     12 July 2013

Getting a fake caste certificate of ST category is forgery and it may also amount to cheating (since he deceives the company where he is working by misrepresenting and thereby getting salary from them). These are offences under Indian Penal Code. There have been some similar cases in the past that I have seen. You can lodge complaint with the concerned authorities, including the police.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 July 2013

agreed with Mr Dhamija.


But trial against such accused cansucceed only if the certificate is cancelled by the apporpriate authority as the criminal trial court has no jurisdiction to judge genuineness of the certificate. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register