Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srkrgm (Techie)     03 May 2014

Harrasement in the office

Hello Every One!

Now I want to bring multiple issues that I have been facing so far in my Office to your notice.

I am SRK Babu and working for a Bangalore based MNC for the last 9 years. From the beginning I was like a puppet in the hands of my Managers. I have been encountering many issues from managers and my team mates just because I was keeping mum all the time.

In the very beginning, once I got a 5 rating for my performance and I should get the incentives corresponding to 5 rating. However, I got the incentives corresponding to 3 Rating and the other guy who actually got a 3 rating got an incentive corresponding to 5 Rating. That has happened in the year 2009. I do not even remember the month of this incident now. However, I have immediately sent out a mail to my manager asking for correction of the mistake. She replied to mail saying that, she would certainly check with Concern team and get back to me with the necessary action. However, so far she has not replied and even I could not concentrate on this issue since I got a transfer to a different team and a location. During my tenure under her management she tortured me a lot. She misused her authority very badly.

That is the reason, now I wanted to teach her a lesson. So I escalated this issue to the Concerned HR team in the year 2013. Unfortunately, even the HR team supported her and asked me to forget the issue. I have checked with 2 Managers and 3 HR executives to solve this issue. But nobody really responded. I have all the mailing proofs for the conversations and escalations.

Even here in the current team, I have been facing harassment. A Better example is one of my teammates harassed me with s*xual intent.  I have escalated this to my manager. But, the manager supported him and asked me to forget the issue. He also told me that he would not take any action on the accused, since he was a senior resource in the team and I may quite the company, If I am not OK with these issues.

From that time onwards, I am downgraded in the team. I am not getting any recognition and Promotion. Even I am getting minute hike every time. After that incident, managers even Ignored escalations from my end. I mean, they have not taken action on people based on my complaint. One more thing is they have promised me the promotion. But they continuously keep my promotion on hold for the last one and a half year. Now I am not going to get promoted during this May cycle as they have promised me. I have all the mailing proofs for the above said incidents.

Now I have decided to take all these issues to a bigger platform like HRC.I want everybody to know what is happening in the Office and how the people are working. I do not want to leave these issues, since I am the looser. I have lost hikes, Promotions and even my Career is progressing with a very slow pace.

I could have easily escalated all these issues to HRC long back. But my friends told me that, I may get terminated since I am still with this employer and I can approach HRC, after quitting this company. Now I want compensation for all my loses caused by the bosses.

So, please advise me what to do now, in order to get compensation? Because, I knew the incident happened with the other employer where the lady got huge compensation for the s*xual harassment.

Learning

1 Replies

Arvind Manghirmalani (Advocate High court Bombay Trained mediator 91-9869617090 9594255075)     04 May 2014

Find courage to fight injustice. Take the issues to a bigger platform like HRC and let  everybody know what is happening in the Office and how the people are working. Do not leave these issues unresolved. others  will join your cause. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register