Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan (Own)     27 November 2013

Harassment by wife by putting conditions

Dear Sir / Madam,

Am in deep mental trouble. We both had second marriage in August. Now a days she is putting all the conditions that I should not meet my mom. She is abusive continously. She is not agreeing for counselling. She threatens me that she will be doing suicide. Continous calls. Wont allow to talk to my parents. Wants to keep me in like a prison. I spoke to his father, but he is also helpless. I love my parents a lot at same time I dont want to make them feel alone. I visit them every day for 5 mins. She abused my mom. everything going wrong everyday. If I speak for them, there will be big drama at Home.

Please advice, can i file contested divorce. Even though I dont want divorce before a year. But I want to live alone. Am completely mentally stressed of all these..She even threatens me that she will create drama at office.

I just want to raise petition, and leave her. So that she wont do any blackmail.

I have not taken any dowry. I have all bank proofs and statements of my family and my spending.

Thanks for immediate help in Bangalore

Learning

8 Replies

Pooja Hegde R. (Advocate)     27 November 2013

My firm can handle your case and take charge immediately. We practice in Bangalore, Mysore and surrounding regions. Call 8892562298 and quit worrying.

stanley (Freedom)     27 November 2013

@ Author Go about your life the way you wish to have it . Remove the factor of self pity on yourself . Install spy cams and record what ever happens and remember you are not her slave . You cant file for divorce before one year of marriage . 

Be firm and tell her to file what ever case she want like DV or 498 A and let these cases come to evidence stage and cross examination . all she can do is fart inside the four walls of her bed room :D

fighting for my brother (HR)     27 November 2013

agree with stanley....but wat happened with your first marraige??

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 November 2013

Evolutionary theory suggests that parents and their daughters (and sons, for that matter) should both want a caring and supportive mate. That would work for all of them. And they do both strive for this. But parents, apparently, want it more.
parents and wife are two eyes for a gentlemen.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     27 November 2013

mohan you cann't give her divorce within a year of marriage , visit the marriage councellor with her and try to save your marriage give her a chance to adjust with you and yours parents , side by side you record all her threaten calls for commiting suicide if you talk to your parents , if she will not co-operate you then make a written police report against her for blackmailing you that she threaten you not to talk to your parents otherwise she will commit suicide , and keep a receiving copy by the police station with you as an evidence and also store her threaten call in its original form in your mobile , after completion of one year of your marriage file a divorce petition on the ground of cruelty upon you by her .

Psycho victim (Executive)     27 November 2013

Try to take her along with you for a psychologist / psychiatrist counselling. Your problem will be solved most probably.

john (na)     27 November 2013

you take all the above suggestion and understand her feelings because she also failed for first marriage. i think she want to save the second marriage. ask your parents help and show ur love to her. speak future and go out with her and spent ur maximum time to her. day by day she will change. after that u can go to counselling. same time u dont forget ur parents. we have only one life. so please save marriage life. u have three commitment: 1. u have family first focus it. 2. parents. take care of them. 3. ur work. work it next three or four months after that u facing the same issue u can go for divorce. and dont forget to make records. thanks

Advocate Ashok Kumar (Counsel)     29 November 2013

Dear Mohan,

What you describe is a common situation in many households in India. Your wife is being unable to adapt to the marriage and its duties. First of all, you should try to talk to her and make her understand how important it is for you to be with your parents and talk to them so that they do not feel alone and left out in their old age. If she refuses and continues her abusive behaviour, then I suggest you go to a court approved marriage counsellor who will hear out both your problems and suggest some way for you to reconcile your differences. If even that does not work, you can file for a judicial separation from your wife via a petition in the court. You will need a good lawyer who can convince the judge that a judicially mandated separation would be the best course of action, given that your marriage isn't even a year old. If during this period also you cannot reconcile with your wife, then there are several grounds under which you can file for divorce from your wife. If you apply for judicial separation. then you will be allowed to file for divorce after a 6 month period. If your wife also feels that she cannot go on living with you, then you should file for a mutual consent divorce which would be better for you than an unilateral one. I strongly suggest you approach a good lawyer to help you out with your marriage difficulties.

Regards,

Advocate Ashok Kumar; www.lawkonect.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register