LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maya (Engineer)     09 January 2015

Harassment by mobile operator

I was using a Tata Docomo mobile number in Chennai. Due to some network connection issues I ported the number to Aircel. I submitted all the necessary documents to Aircel and in a couple of days the porting was done. One week after taking the mobile connection I went on a outstation trip during which I did not carry the mobile. On returning home I found that all outgoing calls were barred from my mobile because "address verification failed". I called Aircel customer care and told them that I was out of town for last week, anyways the rest of my family was at home and would have confirmed my address if someone had come for verification. I also asked them to send another person for verification of address. But Aircel did not do the address verification again in spite of repeated calls from me to customer care. Finally I ditched the Aircel SIM and my usual number and bought myself a new connection from another operator.

For a couple of months after taking the Aircel connection they kept sending me postpaid bills with full rent in spite of blocking calls from & to my number. I refused to pay.

Now an aircel representative threatens to sue me for the due bill of Rs.700 (they claim). The truth is they did not provide me a working connection for more than 10 days at best. The bill plan I had opted for was only Rs. 100 per month.

Lawyers, please advise.


 2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 January 2015

Record all calls.

Save the messages carefully.

Write to Nodal Officer with a copy to MD , TRAI, your lawyer, paste the SMS, and attach the call recordings,and explain and demand apology in writing and to withdraw the bills in writing  and issue NO Dues in writing and compensate you for mental harassment........................for Rs..............within ..........days, failing which you can pull them to DCDRF...


If anyone threatens you lodge police complaint and keep SHO,Police Commissioner in copy of emails to can even keep media in the copy.......


Post the results.

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     10 January 2015

for reference what ever you send letters make shoure to sent through registered post with acknowledgement due because this will serve you as a evidence document and if you go personally and submit then take a signature of the receiving party and also take there rubber stamp compulsory

and do not be scared 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query