LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seeta Kulkarni (none)     09 December 2012

Harassment by d-i-l

please advise Tajobs and other members. I had posted a query a few days back. Me and my husband are senior ciizens and are being harassed by our d-i-l who refuses to leave my property even after we have disowned my son and he has moved out. Though, he visits our house to meet his son(our grandson) who lives with us. My daughter in law has forcibly occupied the escond floor. We are contesting a case against her in civil court since 1.5 years, but no relief. Our wwhol;e family is travelling out of bombay for 3 days and requested my d-i-l to move to her fajers place for 3 days. She flatly refused. Today morning, she submitted a complaint in polce tstation tht our servants might harass her and her life is in danger. After 2 hours, she went to the kitchen and pushed the cook, spilling hot curry on him and herself and started screaming, that you all are trying to burn me. Sjhe rushed to the police station. They called my husband, son and servant and immeditaely arrested our cook and threatend my husband as well. She is doing all this as we are not including her in the family function. 

my query is please advise, can we withdraw all facilities towards her? Her husband has moved out and it is his duty to take care of her expenses. Can we withdraw electricity connection, car park, all facilities that she is enjoying and still harassing us in this age? She has recently hired a maid for herself. Can we (being the owner of the house) stop the maid and other outsiders from entering our premises. Please help.. we are under havoc.


 4 Replies

Rashid Ali (own practice as a criminal lawyer)     09 December 2012

file a case of exto rtion against that lady as well as dv .if the house is in your name that cruel lady can not ask right of residing.also inform all senior police officers and human rights stating all bed acts by that lady with you.

Rashid Ali (own practice as a criminal lawyer)     10 December 2012

yes vou can withdraw all facilities which are being used by her owened by you. as these facilities can be imposed only on husband noy on you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 December 2012

she has a right to remain in matrionial house where she last resided with her husband.  You can at the most pursue the civil suit which youhave filed other tricks maybe counter productive.


Sinc ematter is subjudice it is not advisable to file any fresh case on the same issue of extortion. Withdrawal of facilities may attact Domestic Violence Act.

Seeta Kulkarni (none)     23 December 2012

Thanks for the feedbacj Sudhir. She has already filed a false domestic violence case agaisnt my son and me 1.5 years back, just to seek right to residence but never pursued it.

Both me and my husband have been dragged in litigation by her as i own the house. She continues to make our life hell. No servant is willing to stay as she threatens them if they on't listen to her. The divorce case is going on between my son and her. She throws oil and water on floor to make others fall and injure themselves. Has been spoling the food in the refrigerator. Once she broke the t.v as we all tried to ignore her when she was shouting over the phone. She hurls bad explaetives at me and my family. 

What can be done to get her out of my property i we cannot withdraw facilities. Despite being the owner, I am tortured in my own house. We have been very patient since 5 years, but she comes up with new ways daily. Please guide.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register