Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arun (bbb)     03 April 2014

Gram panchayat to municipality

Hi All,

Somebody pls help me out with these questions -

I had bought 4 acres land which was falling under Gram Panchayat at the time of purchase.  Subjsequently 2 Acres of this land was diverted and given to school on lease for 30 years.  Now the land has been included in municipal corporation limits.  My questions are -

1. Do I need to register my land with municipal corporation, if yes what's the process?

2. Do I need to register the diverted and undiverted land separately with municipal corporation?

3.Do I need to keep paying yearly diversion premium as required by diversion order.

4. Do I need to pay corporation taxes on school (i.e. diverted land)?

5. Do I need to pay corporation taxes on undiverted land?

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 April 2014

You cannot buy/sell grma panchayat land. The sale transaction is illegal and invalid

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 April 2014

Municipal corporation act will be applicable to your land

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     03 April 2014

The lessee is liable to pay the tax etc.,for the school.The applicable tax for the land to be paid by you.Regarding the title,your registerd sale deed is enough.Be it Panchayat or Municipality it makes no difference in ownership.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2014

I agree with the opinion of Mr. Isaac Gabriel that the land purchased by you was in the limits of gram panchayat and now the Municipal limit has been expanded hence your land falls within Municipal limit.  However, this has got nothing to do with sale deed on your name and you do not have to re-register the same on your name once again for this reason.  As far as the School is concerned, the school authorities will be liable to pay appropriate taxes to Municipality, you need not bother about it.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     04 April 2014

I agree with Kalaiselvan and Isaaq gabriel.

Once the Gram Panchayat came under the Municipal limit, the owner of the land has to regularise the land by paying bettermnet/development charges to the Municipality. Unless you change the land to Municipality, the authorities will not give building permission. In your case you have to regularise the whole 4 Acres of land, though you have leased out Ac. 2 to the School, since you are the owner.  

The stamp duty of registration of land and the Tax on the buildings will be more in Municipal area comparing to Grampanchayat.  At the same time the development also will be more in Municipal areas. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register