IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Heinrich Manoah (Research Assistant)     10 November 2010

GPA - Pls help

My friend in USA wants to buy a land in Bangalore. She is ready to execute a GPA in my name. She also wants to get loan from the local bank for this purchase. My questions are :-
1. should i get a GPA or special power of attorney?
2. What is the procedure of getting the GPA done, as my friend is in USA?
3. Can a GPA given to me(a friend)?
4. How it can be registered in india without the presence of my friend in USA?
5. Should i get a separate GPA for availing loan amount from bank and for purchase of land?
6. Does any of you in LCI have a format of the GPA?

Thanks for your help in advance.


 4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 November 2010

You have to go for GPA.

For registration the executant's should personally appear before registrar .

Heinrich Manoah (Research Assistant)     10 November 2010

Thanks Rajeev. What if the executant cannot appear before the registrar as she is in USA?




Assuming that your client is an NRI, these are some links I think will be useful for you. These are the first 10 results when i search for "GPA by NRI".



www.ctreeconsulting.com/downloadForm.php?pdfile=NRI...doc (incomplete link, try searching for it on Google)


M.Iqbal Khan Advocate (CEO)     11 November 2010

If your freind is in USA and you want to get the GPA. it is very easy procedure. First of all you have to get drafted GPA through legal advisor and  have to send to your friend in USA. your friend have to sign before the Indian consulate in USA after attesting by the consulate in USA she will send to you. and when you receive this GPA you have to pay the stamp fee and affix the stamp duty on the GPA.

Therefore your docutment of GPA will be valid.

when consulate will attest the documents this will be called registered and then you have no need to appear before the sub-registrar for execution.

on this documents you can sale the property, you can get loan from the bank and all other jobs and work you can do through the GPA. you have to requre get the GPA and not specail powe of attorney.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query