Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasan (Self)     12 January 2011

GPA advise

Dear Lawyer Club members,

I entered into an agreement for selling my property with a known person. He asked for 3 months and we required to do some legal documentation work before he gives complete sale amount.

As I was not available in the same town, I gave GPA and signed full and final settlement document. 3 years passed on..still there are some legal documentation challenges and I didnt get any money and there is no confirmed timelines also.

Very recently I learnt that he can sell the property with out my presence as sale rights are included in GPA. I am becoming cautious, I would like to revoke GPA and Full Finl Settlement document.

GPA was notary signed and done in Bangalore, land is in Chikballapur district

Full and final settlement document was signed using stamp papers.

Please can you suggest a way forward for revoking these documents? Also, what should I do to ensure he didnt misuse using the rights given through these docs.

Thanks
Vasan

Learning

1 Replies

nakul (advocate)     14 January 2011

One should be very cautious before drawing any GPA or language of GPA.

Revoke the same by sending an intimation to the person by UPC/regd ad.Also get the same published in 2 newspaper , both local and english . 

also Send a recovery notice through your Advocate asking for the balance payment or forfieting the balance amount . If not then move to Court for the same if you want to recover money or just send letter of cancelation to the party .. All this should be done ASAP if you smell somthing fishy .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register