LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PD   06 August 2021

Got job while pursuing ll.b.

While I was in the 4th semester of my LL.B., i got job in a Govt Autonomous body on a Contractual basis. After joining the office, I had intimated that I'll be pursuing my Law and till date, i have not yet received any communication against my intimation letter and now I have completed my Law and my employer is refusing to update my Law degree in the service record.
What remedy do I have?

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 August 2021

Did you inform (in writing) to contractor at the time of joining service qua pursuing degree course and subsequently after its completion ?

What is the problem intimated (in writing, if any) by the contractor for non-endorsement of your qualification acquired after joining service ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 August 2021

Whether you have intimated in writing to your employer and got acknowledgment   Have you stated in your application to college that you are in employment?  What are the additional advantages if a degree is added to your qualification career-wise?  Please contact a local advocate as certain things can not be posted in an open forum.

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     06 August 2021

You are working on contractual basis, so why to worry.  It is not a permanent job.  After completion of your contractual term , may be renewed or may be turn down.  So wait till it complete.  If renewed , you may add your additional acquired educational qualifications.  

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 August 2021

Non-addition of LLB to the service record is not of any consequence. As such, there is no need to make an issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register