LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Got divorced, now wife wants me back

Page no : 2

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     18 September 2012

Originally posted by : Pawan
  So u want the girl to take the initiative???


Anything I can do from my end without harming her and my parents and we both can still live together

Yes, offcourse. Ask yourself – is she not the one who is going to now enjoy all its FRUITS leaving you just as a piggy rider J

For your rest after replies my strong belief as follows; a MAN should take care of his FEMALE partner fulfilling all her Gangetic whims and fancies upto HIS SHOULDER LEVEL. Beyond that LEVEL it shall always be HER CALL. If done accordingly then they both complement each other and if not done accordingly they may miserably fail in dynamics of human relationships. History reminds - tells so, try changing history and feel jolt of Newton's Third Law of Motion accordingly ...............

vishak (manager)     18 September 2012

Isnt it possible to get marry again  wit her  and register  it in SMA or otherwise?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     18 September 2012


Originally posted by : vishak
Isnt it possible to get marry again  wit her  and register  it in SMA or otherwise?


A. See now generic reviewers of LCI messages here, their upper faculty has started working and as expected everyone would love to resuce a women in distress - bechara husband is always _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ J. BTW, I hope similar story you too may not be finding yourself into J That is the power of (a woman’s) law of attraction in Indian context J  

B. Now I will agree to @ LCI’s nephew aka Stanley dig on my first reply saying I am pushing envelop of “fairy tale” indeed now it is going to be ‘just’ an "expensive" fairy tale ending.  And Utpala @ Ranee should understand why I was against Live-in in particularly for this queriest reading ahead his mindset.

Now all above besides the mute point here are steps he may take to save his woman;

Yes he can but after 90 days countdown starts wef 14-09-2012.
2. Under
HMA it is to be done i.e. do an extended process that is Arya Samaj Marriage first; seek its Certificate and then Register Marriage within 30 days in jurisdiction Court under HMA The Act.

There is no legal Bar in law as such that something like this is going to be treated as void later on.

This is my last reply on this thread.

guy669 (xyx)     18 September 2012

Look into the actual facts , who has forced her to do this , in what conditions she was forced, why did she listen to them, whether she is in control of some one out of immediate family, why she did not disclose this before you, if you think the matter is real genuine one , then you can go about, but you also be sure that she is doing this to get some finnacial advantage. it depends on your decisision, when deciding plz dont bring love as an factor.

guy669 (xyx)     18 September 2012

one more option is that the world already knows you are married, and she did not take marriage seroiusly now why do you want to take risk,let the divorce stay as it is, ask your wife to come and stay along with you, nobody is going to question, both of you can remain as husband and wife and still you dont have any problem what she is going to do in future, its like married cum live in relationship.

M.A.T.Ganesan (lawyer civil &family laws)     18 September 2012

get married to have a fresh  life. register your marriage. after all girls are girls.

Pawan (Others)     19 September 2012



So I understand that I have 90 days time to get the divorce cancelled.

I am game for it and I am going to get that done in these 90 days

Thanks a lot for your valuble advices

Kishore (private)     19 September 2012

sir/madam, My wife had filed a false DV Case & fale 498a in the year 2008. DV Case is over & the only orders passed is that the Petitioner can take her belongings only & that the child gets a monthly maintenance of Rs.3000/-. But presently , i am unemployed & the same is mentioned in the judgement. My wife is employed & she is not willing to join, neither she has filed any divorce case. Can I claim/file maintenance case from her in the meanwhile. Please help

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     19 September 2012


It is not a new phenomenon that the divorced couple marry again each other.  The divorce decree granted to both of you is MCD and is difficult to set aside in appeal.  And the problem you posed is very simple to solve.  You both are legally divorced and are entitled to marry any one including each other.  So, if you both prefer marriage as per Hindu rites and customs, go and marry and get photographed and video-graphed and register your marriage under Section 8 of Hindu Marrriage Act.  You will get certificate to such an extent.  You can also go for Arya Samaj Marriage and after performance of marriage, you will get arya samaj marriage certificate, which is fully valid.  And on the basis of this, again you can get your marriage registered under Section 8 of the Hindu Marriage Act.  If you want your marriage registered under Special Marriage Act, that also can be done, but here you both have to move application and after one month only your marriage will be registered.  So, go for a re-marriage instead of appealing the MCD decree.  I again repeat that there is no embargo in Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act that the divorced couple cannot marry each other again.  Wish you best of luck.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     19 September 2012


You are not entitled to file any maintenance petition under domestic violence Act or S.125 of Cr.P.C. Act.  If there is any case under Hindu Marriage Act is pending, such as RCR or divorce, you can file maintenance case under Section 24 of that Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query