LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     14 February 2011

Good news for harassed husbands,who live in Belgaum


Harassed hubby? Help is at hand


BELGAUM: Save Indian Family Foundation (SIFF), a non-profit organization, promoting the cause of men's rights and gender equality has opened its branch in Belgaum.

It supports men who are victims of the misuse of the dowry act, domestic violence or who have lost custody of their children. It provides them moral and psychological support and guides them on the legal options available in such cases.

Speaking to Sunday Times of India, an activist of the Belgaum chapter, Santosh Patil says whenever a married woman commits suicide, police arrest the husband's family without any investigation, presuming it's a case of dowry harrassment. But when a married man commits suicide, no action is taken. The NGO plans to fight this gender bias.

According to the National Crime Records Bureau ( NCRB) statistics every year over 57,000 married men commit suicide compared to 30,000 married women. Moreover, according to the Centre for Social Research, a government body, the conviction rate in the Dowry Harassment Act is only 2%, which means the remaining 98% cases are false. Call 9845746684.

var zz=0;var sldsh=0;var bellyaddiv = '
'; var stindex=100; var stp=150; var taglen=0; var tmp; var tagcheck = new Array("div","span","br","font","a"); var storycontent = document.getElementById("storydiv").innerHTML; var firstpara = storycontent.substring(0,storycontent.toLowerCase().indexOf("")).toLowerCase(); function findptt(cnt){ zz++; if(zz == 10)return; var xxx=-1,yyy=-1; var ccnt = cnt; for(ii=0; ii < tagcheck.length; ii++){ xxx = ccnt.indexOf("<"+tagcheck[ii]); if(xxx != -1 && xxx < 150){ stp = stp; var tmp1 = ccnt.substring(ccnt.indexOf("<"+tagcheck[ii]),ccnt.length); yyy = tmp1.indexOf(">"); if(yyy != -1){ taglen += yyy; stp = stp + yyy; yyy+=1; } break; taglen = taglen + tagcheck[ii].length + 3; } } if(xxx == -1 || xxx >= 150){ return; }else{ var tmp2 = ccnt.substring(0,xxx); tmp2 += ccnt.substring((yyy+xxx),ccnt.length); findptt(tmp2); } }findptt(firstpara); if(firstpara.length <= taglen + 150){ stp = firstpara.length; } var tmpminus=0; var tmpcon = storycontent.substring(0,stp); if(tmpcon.lastIndexOf("<") < tmpcon.lastIndexOf(">")){ }else{ tmpminus = tmpcon.length - tmpcon.lastIndexOf("<"); } stp = stp - tmpminus; tmpcon = storycontent.substring(0,stp); stp = tmpcon.lastIndexOf(' '); tmpcon = storycontent.substring(0,stp) +" "+ bellyaddiv + storycontent.substring(stp,storycontent.length); if(sldsh == 0 && doweshowbellyad != 1){}else{ document.getElementById("storydiv").innerHTML = tmpcon; } var bellyad=document.getElementById("bellyad");
var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bellyad.innerHTML = b2;


 2 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     14 February 2011


Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     15 February 2011

Originally posted by :Arup



rather,it's a change of your perception..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query