Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hariom Singh (Student)     21 June 2013

Girlfriend threatning to file a case

Hi All,

My girlfriend is threatning to file a case against me as i will not be able to marry her due to intercaste reasons.

I tried talking to my parents but it was not fruitful.

I Dint have any s*xual relations with her under false pretense of marriage.

Niether did i ever abuse her. And all the time i was the one who spent all the money & i had not chaeted on her whie i was in the relationship.

She is upset with me and wants to file a case . Iwant to know what case can she book me for.

Learning

8 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2013

what is the cast of your two

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     21 June 2013

it is unfortunate to hear from a male person is not interested to marry a girl who is diferent caste 

why you spent money and why you roam with her have you not interpreated before about the caste that your family members will not like this intercaste marriage 

she can go to police station and give complaint that you have harassed her and you have made false promise to marry her and now you are backing off due to her caste and police will take action against you 

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     21 June 2013

A case can be filed but you can defend yourself on the grounds stated by you  if your defence is bonafide and really true.

Advocate Deepak Gupta (Lawyer)     21 June 2013

If she file complaint- "having s*xual relation under the false commitment of marriage" ,  ur in trouble .

Harsh (Manager)     21 June 2013

@author

you need to keep proof ofyour innocence, if she is really serious about filing a case she will do it. first protect yourself.

Most would support the girl just because you went shopping etc. with her - but in today's scenario girls are no less than boys. Infact they have gone a step ahead

by being more forward and utilizing legal options to fit their needs and moods. A boy has no protection at all - very unfair. In other countries, it is a fair game but not in great india.

I would bat for the hapless guy - in good spirit he has not exploited her.

About intercaste marriages - it is a personal choice and i have no comments. and these days marriage itself is not a happy ending, evident from most marriages heading towards Divorce within a few years.

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     22 June 2013

"I Dint have any s*xual relations with her under false pretense of marriage.

Niether did i ever abuse her. " is good defence,  which may not be ruled out ,  in a criminal trial

Hariom Singh (Student)     22 June 2013

@ Mahesh 

The point here is not that i cheated, I dint cheat in any manner while i was in the relationship. You need to understand that parents are as much important as your girlfriend. I did not promise anything from the very start. I dint promise that i'll marry you no matter what. I said that i will try to convince my parents and i have been doing that for the last 3 months to the point that my dad has stopped talking to me. You need to understand our side. In the mean time i took no advantage of her feelings in subjecting her to do any thing, she did it out of her own liking. I dint force anything onto her.

Anyway can anybody please see that nobody is the victim here its just that when someone gets upset they can take harsh steps. Kindly advice.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     22 June 2013

My girlfriend is threatning to file a case against me as i will not be able to marry her due to intercaste reasons.

first clarify the above sentence and the below sentence 

i had not chaeted on her whie i was in the relationship.

i will tell you the meaning may be you have not promised her to marry but you maintain a relation like friends and she is the accused who is pretending you to marry you 

if you have no intentions of marriage then why you are trying to convince your parents and is this relationship 

relationship is not only physcial but also mentally if you talk to her and if you intentions are to marry then try for it 

here two things you have to take care if your girl friend attempts suicide then the case will be around you and the truth will come out 

and another one is your parents take care of them 

we give suggestions on the query what you post and we dont pretend that you did some wrong and we are giving suggestions to you 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register