LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     01 September 2021

Gift of jt property if one co-owner is expired.

The husband and the wife hold a joint property. The wife expired leaving behind one major son and major daughter. The husband want to gift the property to a third person and the kids have no objection. Please suggest how to proceed in the matter from start to end. Thank you.

 1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 September 2021

For the deceased wife's 1/2 share, the husband and her two children have equal rights over the 1/2 share. So if they wish to sell the property, the three persons can execute the sale deed, by mentioning the fact of the deceased wife's share.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query