LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pvenkanaga (na)     06 August 2018

Gift deed rules

Sir My name Malleswara Rao My father having two childrens one son and one daughter. daughter got married in 1991 and she wad died on 1999 july for family problems. she is having two childrenss one daughter and one sonr. they are majors now. My father is retired govt employee and he is self acquired property one house in eluru (West Godavari District). Now he is live. This property given me through gift deed with registration in 2008. He is taken loan and he is contructed house. that documents and no objection certificate we are having. Now my sister husband or childrens can claim this property. please tell me.

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     06 August 2018

No, they cannot claim anything so long as your father is alive.  During his life time, if your father had given the property in GIFT to you through proper registered GIFT Deed, then you become the absolute owner of the same, and nobody (i.e. your sister's husband or your sister's children) can claim any right in it.  

pvenkanaga (na)     06 August 2018

Thanks Sir,

your message is good for me, now my father is alive. sorry to say after father there is any problem or nothing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register