LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lalit Mohan Gupta (Consultant)     02 November 2014

Gift deed / release deed / relinquishment deed

I have a flat in Thane, Maharashtra. Myself and my sister are owners of the flat as per the Agreement (taken on joint name to be eligible for loan). We have a home loan for this flat & in loan account I am the applicant and my sister is the co-applicant.

My sister wants to give all her rights of this property without any financial transaction to me.

Can you please suggest what should be done in this case, whether we need to do gift deed, release deed or Relinquishment deed?  Please consider the fact that we cannot close the loan account right now.

I am also confused as to what are the charges applicable in each case and if there is any formalities to be done with the bank for the same.

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     02 November 2014

You may prefer to obtain a Gift Deed from the Sister of her share of the property , BUT ONLY with the consent of the lending Bank .OR.  after closure of the bank loan amount.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
READ ARTICLES ON: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

Lalit Mohan Gupta (Consultant)     02 November 2014

Just wanted to understand if conscent from lending bank would be in a form of a letter. Or we need to apply for new loan account in the same bank and close the previous account... Also can you please let me know what would be the charges applicable in case of gift deed?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register