Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajavel KS (Student)     25 April 2015

Getting my share of money from my late father's savings

Hello Legal advisors,

I ended here with a hope of getting to know my rights after 4 years of torture from my maternal uncle.

Sorry, I don't know the category, So please suggest some though it is not yours.

My dad died of heart attack on march 2011.

He was a Senior Branch Manager in a Pvt bank during his demise.

After his demise my naive mom, handed over authority to her younger brother , who lost his job just then and she is not confident on taking charge of her own life.

And he had been holding the ATM card which the savings amount be settled, and my mom is still backing him that he will give it back one day.

He had been deceiving things from the start making my younger sister and mom to believe absurd information.

I had been doing 2nd year engg then, now completed my MBA.

Some 3 years back, he had been taking a decision to send my mom to Chennai where my sister pursued her BDS course.

On that instance, he had been making some criminal things:

Many legal documents relating to household items(viz. cylinder, aadhar etc) were missing upon my mom's return.

Also I was asked to sign in something which i don't know what it is because, my mom and sis had been controlled by him when i was asked to sign. As I was in a need to clear my Degree I was waiting for the moment to strike back. And I had no intentions of taking my Dad's money as I like to stand on my own knowledge and power.

Now upon successful completion of the MBA course, I was placed in a company. He is still unemployed.

He has 2 small girls aging 10 and 3.

He is trying to deceive me that he will show me a job where i must work.

For the job I need my Bike which was bought by dad.

The Registration Certificates transferred to my name are with my maternal uncle, and I thought why don't I get my legal amount share from my Dad's savings account and also the RC book with the help of police. So that Could make sustainable living and help my mom and sis with my income.

I Had been totally fed up by his annoying activities.

I had missed several points how he negatively influenced my life just to make his laziness coupled with Making money, to keep the query precise.

I had given trace amount of money for spending during this tenure and to keep my mouth shut..

So please suggest me ways to get my RC book and my share of amount with/without the aid of Police...

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     25 April 2015

1) As far as the RC and bike is concerned , if you have photocopies of same proving your possession simply ask your uncle for the bike. If he refuses you may report the matter to the local police station. Be prepared to loose the relationship.

2) As for matters such as your late father's money, after his demise transfer of his properties will depend upon whether he left a will or not. If the account is still active and ATM card still being used that is not correct. Take advise of a local lawyer with details. Note that you will need the support of your mother/ sister at some point and also need to be ready for long legal battle with costs and .energy. So look that way only if you know large sums are involved.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.For DIRECT contact with me / my friends and more law related informations / queries visit https://lawforall.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register