Page no : 2

ksmurthy (hga)     26 May 2010

As Per AIBOC website effective date is 24 may 2010 ks murthy

Charan Kedar.C. (Advocate)     26 May 2010

Hi All,

Please find the attached document as requested

Regards,

Charan

Attached File : 10 10 payment of gratuity amendment bill 2010.pdf downloaded: 339 times

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     27 May 2010

Sir,

I have heard the recent gratuity amendment bill 2010 will be effective from 24/5/2010. HOw it could be applicable to SBI employees from back date? I retired too from SBI on 31st March 2010

Everyone is confused about the date of implementation of recent gratuity amendment bill 2010. Who can clarify this?

Everyone is confused about the date of implementation of recent gratuity amendment bill 2010. Who can clarify this?

B RAMAMURTHY (SR.DGM)     29 May 2010

My dear friends,

The latest update on Gratuity may please be noted.  Details are as under:

The  payment of Gratuity (Amendment)Act,2010 is notified in official gazette on 18th May 2010 , amending the payment of Gratuity Act 1972 with revision in Maximum ceiling from Rs3.5 Lakhs to           Rs 10.0 Lakhs . Whereas the date of effect of the revised ceiling may be decided by the Central Govt. through official gazette as per "The payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Act,2010". 

This does not mean that the effective date is from the date of gazette notification. As per this update, we may have to await the decision of Central Govt. on the Effective Date which is due for   notification through official gazette.

B RAMAMURTHY

SR.DGM/BEL

Dt.29.05.2010

Rajiv Kumar (Asstt.)     02 June 2010

I want Gazett Notification regarding enhancement of cealing on Gratuity Act, 1972.

Rajiv Kumasr

RS Agrawal (Astt Manager)     03 June 2010

I retired from SBI on 31st March 2010. Does this revised cap of 10lakhs holds good for me? It is really important for me to know this. Pls confirm asap.

Birendra Prasad Singh (Lawyer)     10 June 2010

The Central Government has issued the notification 1007 Dated 24th May 2010 and the date of enforcement of the amending act has been appointed as 24th day of May 2010. The relevant extract of the said notification as under:
        "S.O 1217 (E).- In exercise of powers conferred by sub-section (2) of Section 1 of The Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Act, 2010 (15 of 2010), the Central Government hereby appoints the 24th day of May 2010, as the date on which the said Act come into force.
     [F. No. S-42012/1/2008-SS-II (Vol-II)]"

PBS KUMAR (HR - PROFESSIONAL)     15 June 2010

Dear All,

Thanks you very much for valuable informations.

Regards,

PBS KUMAR

ksmurthy (hga)     15 June 2010

finance ministry has issued notification on 11 june 2010  raising the tax exemption limit on gratuity to rs. 10 lakhs. ksmurthy

1 Like

Priya Brata Chakrabarti (Pensioner)     15 June 2010

The  payment of Gratuity (Amendment)Act,2010 is notified in official gazette,amending the payment of Gratuity Act 1972 with revision in Maximum ceiling from Rs3.5 to Rs 10.0 Lakhs. Whereas the date of effect of the revised ceiling is w.e.f. 24.05.10 not from 01.01.06(likeGovt.Employees). Can  we do anything against such irregular judgement?  Pl. tell us how  we can proceed as Honbl'e Minister Shri Mallikarjun and Harish Rawat or Finance Minister no one has come forward to reply,  the letter of General Secretary of AIBOC Mr. Nadaff. We are very Sorry for it  as election is over, they never think of rest of the Indian Work force, only to win the Election UPA Govt. Finance Minister has played the fowl game and have issued the Administrative order and have not wait for Gazette Notification. It is clearly understood, that as they have win the election and purpose is over, they may wait as they deemed to fit and to help the Industrial Houses, the other hand of election Machinery. Law yers club is requested to advise us accordingly against this unfair judgement. PRIYA BRATA CHAKRABARTI - RETIRED STATE BANK OFFICER.  

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     16 June 2010

The recent enhanced payment of gratuity is applicable to only those who (other than central govt. employees) retired on or after 24th May 2010. The recent Gratuity Amendment Bill 2010 is effective from 24/5/2010 for banking, insurance and private sector employees. The earlier amendment of 2009 entites central govt employees to receive the enhanced gratuity to Rs. 10 lacs from retrospective date i.e. 1.1.06.

Can all pensioners (other than central govt) unite together through various pensioners associations and fight for our rightful, lawful dues. Why this discrimination by Govt between employees.

S C DANEJ

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     18 June 2010

Dear all,

The Govt wanted to have a uniform Gratuity for all the employees. But then under pressures from big corporate houses, the govt made the recent amendment to the gratuity act 2010 applicable from 24.5.2010 thereby depriving lacs of pensioners of their lawful dues. The govt has differentiated between employees. Lets unite and fight. We will get it if we fight unitedly..

S C DANEJ

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     23 June 2010

Dear All,

non-Payment of gratuity by private education institutions to its teacher employees. Earlier the gratuity act didnot entitle teachers for gratuity. But later on amendments of 2007 & 2009 have included all teachers eligible for gratuity w.e.f. 3.4.1997. The private teachers who retired on or after 3.4.1997 are eligible for payment of gratuity. They may apply to their institutions for payment of gratuity, if not already done.

S C DANEJ.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register