Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KULDEEP VITHOBA PATIL   20 March 2016

Fraud debit card transaction: icicibank

Dear Sir/mam,

I am account holder of ICICI bank from last 4 years.One tragedy happened with me, I would like to bring that to your notice.

On15th March 2016 Early in the morning 5.15am Continuous 7 fraud transactions happened from my account , for that transaction I have not received any intimation like OTP or Any other messages even all details are with me only including my VISA Debit card also.

Morning at 9.30 am when I checked my mails (within 4 hrs of that transactions), at that time I got to know that Fraud Transaction has taken place from my account. Immediately after that I discussed with ICICI customer Care & Made complaint and blocked my VISA card & Internet Banking also. They registered my complaint to Fraud Investigation department and provided me Service Request Numbers.

Currently I am outside of India for my Official work, so I informed my Wife to go to nearby ICICI bank for making physical complaint register. She went to Thane (Mumbai) ICICI bank & provided all the details to them; also I sent mail to dispute department with all the details like Dispute form, My identification details, Debit card copy.

After that my wife has made report to Cyber Cell Department at Thane (Mumbai), They provided FIR copy against that Fraud.

Also, I have sent all the details to my Home Branch – Tasgaon (Dist-Sangli), Maharashtra.

I am too much concerned, for that reason I have made these much efforts within 10 hrs of that Fraud.

Now, Bank is saying that the amount will not be refunded to you, You have to check with Cyber cell for Further help.

Also, I have notice that you have already closed one of my complaint SR 405011222 stating that transaction was used by 3D secure pin.

The statement is not accepted by me. I have mail on 3rd March 2016 someone have changed my 3D secure pin and after receiving the intimation from bank i have intimated to Bank on the same day. Even i contacted my home branch (Tasgaon) and as per bank request i have change my user ID, Password & ATM pin also.

Despite my earliest intimation on 3rd march bank has not ensure the security of my account. in view of that statement on my Complaint SR 405011222 is not justified.

As i state earlier also neither this transaction was made by me nor i am involved in the transaction. And this fraud transaction has occurs due to lack of security measure taken by bank despite of my earliest intimation on 3rd March 2016.

Requested you please re open the above complain and settled the amount to my account.

I am feeling that i am no more secure for banking with ICICI bank, For a common Man 30 thousand is big amount, I request you to look into this matter.

My details are as below:-

Account Number- 639401500968

Branch- Tasgaon-416312

Service Request Nos-

SR405011222

SR405010875

Awaiting your positive Response.

Thanks & Regards,

Kuldeep Vithoba Patil

Learning

7 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     20 March 2016

1. File a complaint with the banks ombudsman.

2. The complaint made by you before the cuber cell will yeild results. 

3.   Yo can also file a complaint before the iistrict consumer forum alleging ciminal negligence of the bank by ignoring to take timely action when you had found that your 3D secure pin code was tampered with and despite this notices given well in advance the bank failed to secure your interest and abetted the fraud to perfolate and seeking refund and copenation for the defeciency in service which caued you a great mental anxiety. 

4. The police will gather the information of the culprit from the account holders into which such amount were transferred.

5. These kind of frauds are now getting very common and it appears to be the handiwork of insider of the bank who can acces to such 3D secure pin.

6. Well, keep your fingers crossed and hope the matter and the culprit and the refund is made.

Advocate Ram Prasad (Chief Lawyer)     21 March 2016

Agee with Rohit Sharma.

KULDEEP VITHOBA PATIL   21 March 2016

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your promt response , bank has sent mail seeking refund is not possible, i am too much confused , how can i get deal with it. I checked with Cyber cell, they told investigation is in progress. Below is the mail received from Bank- Pl. advise me how to deal it further, It will be very helpful for me-

Dear Mr. Patil,

This is with reference to your e-mail dated March 19, 2016, addressed to Mr.Krishnan Govindan regarding Unauthorized transations.

With reference to the Service reference SR405011222, SR405010875 dated March 15, 2016 for 7 transaction/s amounting to 26955.

We would like to inform you that post our investigations, the findings are as follows:

" The online transaction has been approved, post providing details of Card Verification Value (CVV) and expiry date.
" The transaction was completed post using 3D Secure PIN. The PIN is the 2nd level of verification to make the transactions secure.

The 3D Secure PIN is purely personal and the card holder is responsible for it's safety.
It would not be known to a 3rd party unless it was compromised or revealed by the card holder. The bank shall not be responsible for misuse of Debit Card/ 3D Secure PIN and does not incur any liability for the consequences arising out of any misuse by unauthorizedperson/s.

We regret our inability to accede to your claims with regard to the disputed transaction. In case you want to investigate this dispute further, You may approach the concerned statutory/ regulatory authorities.
----------------------------------
Sir, Pl. advise, i am the victim going through tough time.

Regards,
Kuldeep Patil

icicibankcare (Bank)     22 March 2016

Dear Mr. Patil

We are sorry to hear about your concern. Our official will get in touch with you. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

KULDEEP VITHOBA PATIL   06 April 2016

Dear Sir,

Mr.ROHIT SHARMA

I tried at all the levels, Bank has refused to take any stand, also i have made complaint to Banks ombudsman. Even i have tried at my level & found out the fraud members, they have done that fraud through Paytm & Mobikwik (Mobile recharge and Data recharge). I have got all the details from there customer care and after that i have submitted that details to Cyber cell also.

All mobile numbers from that list are active and from Delhi region. Also i have made complaint to Consumer Forum also. But from Nowhere i am getting any positive response.

Cyber cell has taken the stand that they will submit that details to Local police station, so afterwards you followup with Local police only.

There is any way to get proper Justise. 

Pl. advise, your response highly important.

Regards,

Kuldeep 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 April 2016

Engage an able lawyer specializing in such/consumer/banking matters.

Karthikeyan   24 January 2018

Hello Kuldeep, Could you please update the status what happened at the end to you. I've also got stuck with the similar fraud case wherein I never set/used the 3d secure pin and had never got any email or SMS alerts though if they are set by the fraudulent persons. But the bank officials are claiming that the transactions are happened through 3d secure pin as the second level authentication. Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register