Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Debasis Samanta   29 September 2020

Has government given any grace period to buyers for making payment in this situation

Recently I have received a mail from developer of demand letter for payment because they are progressing also they have mentioned the project will be delayed by 9 months because government has given this grace period to developer and they have attached supporting documents where government has given this relaxed period to them. Then I replied them for seeking grace period ie
'Everyone is aware that Covid-19 pandemic situation and prices of every essential item is rising day by day.This is a crucial time to survive.I need at least 6 month time for this payment to overcome the current pandemic situation. I can see projects already extended for 9 months from the date of completion because the government has given this grace period to developers so as a customer I am expecting the same grace period from the developer for payment. As per my knowledge the government has given 6 months relaxation to the developer but you mentioned for 9 months.May I know the reason behind this? '
Then they replied where are completely denied to give any grace period to buyers for making payment ie
' We agree to your concern over the unprecedented event of pandemic and the impact on our regular life. To address to your apprehension which you have raised over your email we would like to put some insight over the grace period in the project completion as allowed by HIRA is 9 months. For your reference we are annexing the order copy.

Secondly you must be aware that our payment schedule for the Project is event based, which is linked with our construction progress so the demands on payment on completion of a particular event cannot be deferred as we are progressing steadfastly on our construction work and we intend to give possession of Tower 4 as scheduled irrespective of any grace period as allowed by the authorities.  Hence we regret we cannot provide any grace period in the payment schedule.'
My query: Is there any grace period has given to buyers for making payment during this pandemic situation where government already given grace period to developer.

Thanks in advanced for your support and clarification.

Learning

1 Replies

Nida Khatri   30 September 2020

UNFORTUNATELY I DONT THINK ANY GRACE PERIOD IS GIVEN AS SUCH FOR THIS SPECIFIC SITUATION

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register