LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vamshi   16 June 2018

Survey numbers error

Dear Sir, My ancestors property (Grand-Mom) has been illegally occupied since long and have been constructed buildings already. There are few open plots in the same land which I don't want to loose them. We have the original land papers . The land is registered in my Grand Mom's name about 80years back . Few buildings are already constructed about 15yrs+ back and few buidlings have been constructed in the last 5-10years.
In the process of procuring some more info and documents to build up my case ,I have been to a surveyor and he took the google picture of the said Survey Numbers and as per him our property that we are claiming for, is not in the Survey Numbers mentioned in the Sale deed . ( Example : XYZ are survey numbers in the Original Sale Deed,but our Sy Numbers ABC are our original land documents. Both the buyer and purchasers of the said land have expired long back .My question to you sir is, for the said property I have the Original sale deed registered in the year 1940 and my mom and their parents were living in the same property since that time paying taxes etc, So either there should be a human error while preparing the Sale deed at that time or errors crept in Survey Numbers at a later stage.
Now what has to be done? Do we need to fight rightfully for our portion of land considering the fact that the Survey Numbers are wrongin the Sale deed . Or should we fight for the land which is there on the papers ?

Also suggest me how do i rectify the Survey Numbers thing ? Is it possible ? Can any Senior Govt Officials involve in this and help me get the right Survey Numbers. The lands were in our possession for a very long time and extension of our house and im sure we have paid taxes for the same . Plz help 

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 June 2018

As far as you are having original sale deed in your custody and residing / having possession do not be mislead by rumours, who may be exploiting to get the property for bargained price.

You have a house number, paying taxes, village/municipal records are more than sufficient.

You can file RTI Applicaiton to Village/Municipality State Public Information officer, provide such copy of the building with such sale deed schedule and seek revised survey no...under RTI Act.

Please do not bother about procedural formalities.  Because there is a change in survey number, the property in your name is not going to evaporate.   Contact some retired revenue employee, use his services if needed.

Vamshi   20 June 2018

Dear Sir , I have approached the local municipality for applying revised survey numbers . They are saying there is no revised survey numbers . I have applied for F-Line petition , but I guess this will only help me understand the area of the land mentioned in the Sale deed document . My concern is whom shall I approach and claim to show me my land which if the Survey numbers are mistaken in sale deed , who will be able to help me . As I have already mentioned earlier that my parents have been living in the home adjoining to the land but as per the private Surveyor�s they are saying the survey numbers are different from those mentioned in the document . If this is not clear to you I would like to speak to u and explain to u personally . Plz help me and suggest

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 June 2018

File this as Grievance and seek redressal from Municipality.

What is the present issue  before you except that new survey number  which may not cause any harm to your present possession and registered sale deed when your name is having mutation register of Municipality.

Vamshi   20 June 2018

The present issue is that there is some open land and few buildings already constructed in the same premises which I don�t have possession and unable to file a case against the encroachers as the survey numbers are different . I don�t want to loose the open lands atleast . If I file a grievance and seek redressal from municipality things should get settled and I can file a case against the encroachers right !

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 June 2018

Every Municipal office must have one Surveyor, and any owner can present copy of title deeds and can request Municipal Surveyor to identify the land and give such a certificate after measurement.   This is a service being offered by Municipality for a consideration.   In case of their accepting consideration and failing to do that survey entitles you to get compensation for deficiency of service under CP Act. 

First get all documentary evidences properly and then file grievance.  Wait for one month and then entrust this work to Advocate.

If some one is constructing any buildings after obtaining permission, you can seek the documents submitted for establishing such ownership from Municipality under RTI and check the survey no, permissions and approvals under RTI Act.  Once you check the copies of their title deeds you will be coming to know of many facts like how and when they purchased, such link documents etc.  You can also seek such link documents staterd in such title deeds and obtain certified copies of those documents from Registrar Office to find out the flow of title from last several years.

Vamshi   07 July 2018

Dear Sir ,

My ancestors have given some portion of our land to govt long back for road construction as per their reuqest . How will I get to know the details of that information from the Government as Im sure it will have all the details as in from whom the land has been procured from along with the house number details or survey numbers etc. To which Govt department should i write to know the entire information as the land on both sides of that road belongs to us and the same has been encorached now ! plz help me on this sir!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register