Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreenivas Reddy Arravalli (Owner)     11 August 2015

Forged insurances issued

hi ,

My father paid insurances in an assumption of single premimum with 4 insurance companies and me and my sisterwere nominees.

but we recieved the polcies on my sister and my name with our forged  signtaures and false information  by the agent.

When approached with the same to the insurance companies Birla life has reverted the premium paid to us.

And other compamnies are not even replying back.

Please suggest us  what are the next steps

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     11 August 2015

you need to serve legal notice to the company through an Advocate thereby stating facts of the case and asking them to cancel the policy and return the premium paid by your father. incase, the fail to act upon then you need to approach the consumer forum for the resolution of your grievance.

Regards

Adv. Rohit M. Dalmia

Mumbai

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 August 2015

When your father agreed to buy single premium policies he must have signed the proposal form and kept copies! He must have paid by cheque/cash and must have received the acknowledgment in his name! Do you have these?

If your father signed blank proposal forms then who filled the forms? There is a column to declare that who has filled the form say agent?

In policy schedule the copy of proposal form is to be attached. Do you have these?

AS a nominee were you asked to sign the proposal forms? From which source your signatures were acquired? How come your KYC docs were obtained by agent?

Then there are internal declarations to be signed by agent and company’s employee’s that they have seen the originals and marked OSV! Then there are calls by Third parties to confirm the authenticity of the proposal form was signed and there is no forgery!

This is a case of forgery.

Criminal complaint and complaint with regulators can also be lodged.

The company shall face severe penalties and compensation.

You should not be satisfied with just refund of premium.

Certainly approach an able lawyer.

Sreenivas Reddy Arravalli (Owner)     12 August 2015

I and my sister never met any insurance agent in person. nor signed any of the documents of insurance till date.

As per my dad's information he also never signed on our names

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 August 2015

Approach an able lawyer specializing in consumer cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More