LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep B (Confidential)     29 December 2009

filing divorce petition

I need advise on how to go about filing mutual divorce petition.

I am currently staying in Chennai and my ex is in ghaziabad. My marriage was solemenized in March 2008 and registered in April 2009. The registration was also done in Ghaziabad court.

I want to file the petition in single day so that I can fly back to chennai after filing the petition.

Is that possible or should I expect some delay?

Please tell me about what all should I be prepared on the day of filing the petition...


 14 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     29 December 2009

Simply by filing the petition,you do not get divorce.Both the parties will have to appear before the court and the court will enquire as to whether the consent is free etc. will try to persuade and will wait for six months and then court may pass the decree.However if both the parties are really willing to get divorce and requests the court to waive the period,court may grant divorce. 

Sandeep B (Confidential)     29 December 2009

That all is ok.

What I really wanted to know is that should I expect something like on one day I fly down to ghaziabad and file the petiton on the same day and then come back to chennai late night or there can be some delay?

subhash kumar (advocate)     29 December 2009

dear sandeep, better you take the help of some lawyer and he will prepare you first motion and sent you the petition to sign and the other party will also sing the petition and he will file the petition and accordingly informed both the parties when the case will come on hearing most propably on the next date of filing the petition and  you can come to the court on the day of hearing as such save the time .

subhash kumar, adv

Sandeep B (Confidential)     29 December 2009

thanks subhash.

that is what I wanted to know.

Do you have any advocate in contact in ghaziabad court?

sunil pagare (lawyer)     01 January 2010

subhash kumarji is right I'm agee with  him.


u can contact me at 9871158578

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     22 March 2010

first fix yr lawyer.

confirm monetory matter.

delhi and gaziabab are neighbouring area.

chose the lawer.


I agree with  all

Advocate. Arunagiri (Advocate High Court Madras.)     11 December 2010

Contact Rakhi.

abhijit chattopadhyay (Sr. Consultant)     08 March 2011

Sandeep. Pl contact at chattopadhyay.associates@gmail.com, they can help you entirely.

abhijit chattopadhyay (Sr. Consultant)     08 March 2011

you can mail here chattopadhyay.associates@gmail.com , they can help you in filling your matter in a nominal expenses,

Mr....... Ali (Teacher)     02 June 2013

I have got married on January, 2009 and have a son of almost 2 years. Since the marriage we are in extreme maladjustment on several grounds. Both of us belong to Muslim family and we want mutual seperation . How could we proceed? I am a govt. employee, if I give Talaque , can my wife take any legal step against me or claim maintainence? What will be about the son after seperation?

please help me.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     04 June 2013

If both of you want divorce that would not be a problem.  Your wife is eligible for maintenance she can claim maintenance by invoking her rights available under various laws.  Muslim women are being granted maintenance when applied under Cr.PC Sec.125.

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     24 February 2014

Pl. contact some local lawyer before u leave chennai . Post all of your fact relating to the matter,Local lawyer will prepare the papers and inform you .fix the time mutually and save the time .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register