Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

richard   01 November 2016

Fighting own case in court without advocate

Dear All,

My dovorce case in running more than 5 years..lower court -> district court -> High court..and running as a circle..

Now again my inlaws stay the case in high court for small matter and my advocate is not responding properly..

Till now I changed 3 advocates and I am not satisfied with current advoate too.. She is not cooperating to file memo in high court to putup the date and to vacate the case from high court..

My query:

1. I stay abroad and now thinking to comedown to high court and planning to file a memo to puup the case..After that can I go directly to Banch migistrate, rise my hand and submit a memo and request to putup the hearing date and then I will fight the case myself without the lawer..I will go and tell the fact infront of magistrate..

2. Case is running in orissa high court and any suggestion for good contesting lawer in Orissa high court?

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Expertise doesn't come cheap. Check this space tmrw. I will find you a able counsel.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     02 November 2016

If you  know the legal nuances and court craft and procedures you can fight your own cae a s a party inp person. If you don't have these qualites cultivate them.  ONce you are an advocate without black robes you can jump in to the ring of advocates ansd argue. Good Luck! May you Win the case!. If you appreciate this answer please click the thank you buttonon this forum.

AV Bagur Advocate (Advocate )     02 November 2016

Dear Madam,

It is very unfortunate that you did not or could not develop confidence in the advocates representing you.  This is a basic requirement of a client-attorney relationship.  Otherwise this is how feeling of mistrust and dejection will set in.

Yes, you can appear in person wihout an advocate.  For this you will  not only have to spend  lot of time but also learn a lot of drafting and other skills.  Even if you are good on facts and good in oratorial skills, Court procedures are pretty strucured and cannot be by-passed.  If you can spare the time and energy and learn the Court procedures you can certainly represent your case yourself.

There would be lot of NGOs willing to lend a helpling hand.  There are  many advoates and law firms who reserve a quota for taking up cases under the  "pro-bano category" (No  legal fees is charged, but you may have to pay OPE + Court Fees).  Please do some  research in your local area to find out who these people are and approach them.

Wish you all the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register