LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ridham Gohil (Farming)     20 March 2018

Farmer son can buy agriculture land in gujarat

My father is a farmer and having land(even have an entry in 7/12 and 8 as well since 1982 before my birth) on his name. Actually, there is 2 agriculture land entry in his name. 

My father had not entered my name when I bought agriculture land(in July-2015), and then he entered me and my brother's name on the one land(by Dec-2015 in 7/12 and 8). The same land entry was transferred in 1982 to my father from his uncle(my grandfather's brother because my grandfather was expired).

So Here is a situation, Mamlatdar rejected entry on the land I purchased because they said 1982 entry was illegal. I have been suffering since last 3 years for the same case. I went to Mamlatdar, then collector and then revenue revision but they did not consider second entry of my father as well as did not consider my name into 7/12 and 8 entry as well.

Anybody can help me here. I am really frustrated because of this processes/system as I have been farming since childhood and they are saying you are not a farmer now, If you pay money you became a farmer(if you or your ancestor are not farmers) but if you do not give money to system then you are not a farmer even you or your father or your grandparent, great-grandparent were farmers and having entry of 1928-1929. They are not considering anything. 

I have one more thing to say that If 1982 entry(my grandfather's brother transferred land to my father) was illegal then there are thousands and lacs of farmers became non-farmer following my case.

I need justice. Can anybody help me?


 7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2018

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.


The same should be observed for land transfer in agriculture lands…

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2018

Agriculture is state subject and state laws/revenue codes/rules should be looked into by a very able senior LOCAL counsel specializing in revenue matters and well versed with local laws/revenue codes/rules………………precedence’s/judgments/notifications…etc..

The entry from beginning i.e. 1982 is termed illegal….

So apparently rights by bloodline are denied..

What is this ‘if you do not give money to system then you are not a farmer’?

Is all transaction verbal?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2018

IT being a complicated matter you may approach a LOCAL counsel as suggested above and show all record from beginning….for a considered opinion and recourses available for you.

LCI members/Experts Mr. Hemant Agarwal, Mr. Chirag Bhat, Mr. Dushyant Pandey have been posting on such matters for your state………..

If you wish you may get in touch with them…

You can also SEARCH in LCI databank at;

You can check for Land Tribunal e.g;                       Tuesday, March 20, 2018

and HC ….and find counsels appearing and having successful track record…

Ridham Gohil (Farming)     20 March 2018

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your response. 

The entry from beginning i.e. 1982 is termed illegal…. So apparently rights by bloodline are denied -> YES, that's my main point. They are denying same. 

What is this ‘if you do not give money to the system then you are not a farmer’?  - I heard that if you have had given money then you wouldn't have these issues. I am really frustrated. 


Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2018

For legitimate recourse to your issues approach a very able LOCAL counsel as already suggested…


Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.


With regards,

Legal Expert

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     01 August 2018

1.  FIRSTLY, File proper petition before the local Collectors office, with all the relevant documents.  IF the collector gives negative order, THEN file Petition before the local Civil Court, wherein you will surely get justice, though it might be time consuming.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query