LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


False statement by wife in police station

My wife has given statement in police station that my family use to beat her.

But no family member stay with me as I stay  in rented house which is far from my native place.

She says my husband used to beat me and asked for dowry.

But there is no sign of beating and I never ask for dowry.

I told my neighbour and friends regarding this they told they have not seen/heard any cry of beating or torture.

Even she left the house to take care of her ill brother but now says I have kicked her out.

But to my neighbours before moving she told that she is going to take care of her ill brother.

Can my neighbours statements helpful for my family and how?


 12 Replies

Vishwa (translator)     09 May 2012

Nobody cares much for yourself, your family or your neighbours. Apathy is the name of this game and it is the sad part of life. Learn to live with it.


Best of luck


1 Like

Rishabh Khare (lawyer)     09 May 2012

If your neighvour give an affidavit in court stating therein that your wife  told them that she is leaving to take care of her ill brother,it may  be helpful for you. Moreover only giving statement before police does't suffice,she would have to proove the abovesaid allegation made against you and your family at the stage of trial

1 Like

sri (ceo)     09 May 2012

no weight in her statement...

stand by your statement... never agree in front of judge... be aggressive and attack with her pattern of complaints...

without evidence judge will not shake a leg...

1 Like

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     09 May 2012



In this case, maximum you can do is fight the trial and see your wife fail in her malicious attempt.


Neighbours can be utilised as defence witnesses and your parents living far off would also show falsehood of your wife's allegations..




1 Like


Much obliged for your responses.

mohd.khiyamuddin (gen:secretry)     10 May 2012

Its an other miss us of 498/a but dont worry finally you can win over her


Kelly (software engineer)     10 May 2012

  It is the crime to make false allegations about criminal activity to the police.Ask the police to investigate bringing charges against her.What your wife is doing is exploiting the system,so she can get whatever she wants out of the court system.A good lawyer will bring this up and will show the court that she  is manipulating thye law.Penalties for filling a false police report varies by state and by the type of crime desribed in the report.

 If a false police report is filed against you,the best thing to do is to hire an attorney as soon as possible to represent you.Your attorney will be able to help you sort through the legal options and offer the expert advice you need.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     10 May 2012

If the wife wishes she would get a 498a registered, be prepared to get bail in the same.


No number of affidavits would help you.





Shonee Kapoor

1 Like



Originally posted by :Shonee Kapoor
If the wife wishes she would get a 498a registered, be prepared to get bail in the same.


No number of affidavits would help you.





Shonee Kapoor

 Thanks Shonee.

If I don't go for bail what can happen?

R K........ (Analyst)     11 May 2012

Don't worry..These are regular cases of misuse of 498A.. Even judges know these things

Nitin (Manager)     13 May 2012


Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 May 2012

If you don't get (TAKE) bail, you can be arrested.


Also the same kind of sword would hang on your parent's head.





Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register