LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Chaudhary Advocate   08 August 2021

false assurance of marriage outside india.

There is a resident of Nepal who is victim of rape (on account of false promise of marriage)

She and the culprit lived at Dubai and all happened in Dubai.

When the contract of the girl ended, she came back to Nepal.
The boy stayed at Dubai and now came back to India.

Now the girl want to register a complaint. Where she can go for this?

expert advice is must because this is not general scenario in view of jurisdiction


 1 Replies

ADITYA PRAJAPATI   29 August 2021

Sir, In this case the rape is committed by fraud and here the consent is obtained by deciet, therefore it is in category of s*x without consent and hence its rape. Consent given in the pretext of a false promise to marry is a case of invalid consent. Process of complaint is done via official website of National commission for women ( )

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query