LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maxi (VP)     06 January 2014

Extra marital affair

My father is having an affair with another women, but he is not divorced with his wife, can he transfer any of his properties on the other women's name?

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     06 January 2014

Yes, those property which were self acquired by your father and the same were in his name he can transfer them in the name of that woman .

Northern Queen (Manager)     07 January 2014

@Laxmi - you are outrageous.  This is very bad advice without knowing the full details.

I have seen many of of the posts you have replied to- most of them poorly advised.

Shameful behaviour - you should be spotlighted!!!

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     07 January 2014

Your father can transfer / gift his self acquired property to any one as he likes including the other woman.  If your mother is aggrieved and apprehensive of any such action and wants to take preemptive steps to ward off such eventuality, she can resort to the provisions of domestic violence Act, in which adultery by husband can be brought within the definition of "domestic violence" by the legally wedded wife and in the DV case she can get an order restraining your father to dispossess his property by any mode including sale/gift/transfer to the detriment of her interest. 

Maxi (VP)     07 January 2014

I am the son and half owner of the property , can he still transfer the other half on anyone's name..?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register