LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NOEL PHILIP (PROFESSOR)     12 November 2014

Experience & salary certificate


 I am a Professor working in a Deemed University at Chennai for the past 15 years and still working. When I asked for a Experience cum Salary Certificate.They denied my request. For Salary Certificate  I can manage with salary Slip.But I need an experience certificate.They said while working they wont give experience certificate?Is it any labour rule like that ? Else kindly guide me how to get experience certificate from employer?


 7 Replies

MANOJ VARMA (Engineer Lawyer with MBA Finance)     12 November 2014


You must already have the "Form 16" and that would be showing your "title" as well as salary. Produce the copy of same as experience cum salary certificate.



NOEL PHILIP (PROFESSOR)     12 November 2014


Thank you very much,But how long I am working in this University can't find from Form 16

Dalip Singh (Advocate)     12 November 2014

You have been working for the last 15 years.  File all the forms 16 or file first and last form to prove your experience.

MANOJ VARMA (Engineer Lawyer with MBA Finance)     12 November 2014

Ask for form 16 from account department. They can't deny you the same as per existing laws.

I agree with Dalip that you file the form 16 with IT.

Selvam (Business Development)     12 November 2014

I too agree Mr. Manoj, you can also ask the following documents as proof of your service :

1. Your PF Annual Statement ( Form 23 )

2. Annual revision towards Salary or promotion letter.

3. Chance of printing your date of joining in the salary slip.

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     12 November 2014

Appointment Letter and current salary slip is enough... to show your experience.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 November 2014

Form 16 has to be issued by deductor(employer) to employee else the complaint can be lodged with ITO-TDS where you file ITR and CIT-TDS where employer files ITR and empemployer can be penalized.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query