LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subramanian (perfusionist)     11 April 2013

Experience certificate

I was working for a cardiothoracic surgeon as a perfusionist for 20 years and had moved along with him whenever he used to change hospitals. Two months before for no clear reasons I was asked to quit my job as the surgeon told that the hospital management has taken the decision and he was not able to do anything. I submitted my resignation letter and subsequently waited for the surgeon to provide me with experience certificate to which he replies he cannot provide me as it will have legal implications with the hospital management. Kindly provide me the details of the laws and principles dealing with experience certificate and what course of action I should take.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 April 2013

You are in which state?

The experience certificate is to be issued by the employer.

Who has been your employer in this hospital and previous ones?

Has this hospital or previous ones issued any appointment letter, pay slip to you?

Submit a gentle representation to the good offices of your appointing authority, MD, Executive Director, Chairman etc, and resolve the matter amicably.

You may check if this hospital and previous ones are registered under Shops and Commercial Establishments Act of the state.

The hospital must have displayed its registration certificate near entrance on notice board.

You may seek the help from Inspector under Shops and Commercial Establishments Act whose contact details you may get from o/o Labor Commissioner, SE Inspectorate, Dept. of Labor website of your state.

If your colleagues have formed a trade union it can step in to help.

You can also seek the help of a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer. Your lawyer can confirm if you would fall within the category of a workman or not and accordingly a remedy can be suggested.

kusum (pgt-bio(temp))     12 April 2013

sir ,i have worked as a pgt-bio teacher in kendriya vidyalaya rishikesh on ad hoc basis,but due to disarguement with the principal of school she denied to give me experience certificate.she totally refused to give me the experience certificate,what action i can take against her as she has emotionally harassed me many a time.and is it possible to take legal action as she is not giving me the experience certificate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register